Chapter 5.

"Mom! I'm home!"

I strolled through the living room into the kitchen, carefully placing my backpack down on the chair while I uneasily took in the silence.

It was far too quiet.

"Mom!" I tried again.

No response. No noise. No nothing.

"Mom!" I began to run throughout the house, checking each room to see if I could find her.

And suddenly, I did. Quietly sobbing in the corner of her room, she looked up and I could see the mascara smears all down her red cheeks.

"Mom! What happened? What's wrong?" I rushed to her side, swiftly shifting her into my arms.

"Well, sweetie, it's Tony. He left." She broke down into uncontrollable sobs again.

I know what you're about to think. How could you be so hard on your hurting mother? But you have to understand, this is what life is like in the Launders' household. Mom runs out, meets some loser, dates for a while, he cheats, then leaves. And she wonders why I don't trust guys. Why I don't trust Wesley. Not anymore.

"Mom! How many times have I told you! You cannot just throw yourself out to guys like this! They don't respect you! How many more times is this going to have to happen before you get a hold of yourself!"

"Leia! You don't understand the pain I am in!"

"Really mom? Because the last time I checked, whenever you bring home some new guy, you always feel the need to introduce him to me. You tell me that this time is different. He won't walk out. He won't leave us. And they always do. These men are the reason why I can't trust anyone anymore mom! You're the reason why I can't trust anyone anymore!"

I quickly turned and ran out of the room, downstairs and out the front door. I didn't want to see the pain I had left her in, but I also wanted her to know that this was serious. She needed to find someone who would actually take care of her. Take care of us.

And during the time span of one quick phone call, I made my way to Harlow's house where she comforted, and I cried.