Chapter 6.

Hey Ley, you going to the bonfire? Text back if you are, we can get ready together!!!!!

The message from Har was exactly what I needed.

God, I was so excited to just get out and get my mind off of everything and everyone. All I wanted to do was relax and party for once, instead of filling my head with overwhelming worries like usual.

Heck Ya! Just give me a minute, I'll be right over :)

As we got ready, Har and I eagerly discussed the possible selection of boys at the bonfire. Even though I had made it through my entire high school life without a boyfriend, I was kind of pondering what it would be like to be with the 'right guy', the complete opposite of what my mom was involved with, if someone like that even exists.

As we pulled up to the beach, there were numerous couples making out already (gross), alcohol being tossed around like it was candy, and the most phenomenal s'more making competition I had ever witnessed.

"You go get yourself settled in! I will try and come find you in a bit!" Har shouted in my ear.

"Sounds like a plan!" I beamed at her.

I sauntered over to the s'more making table, pondering whether or not I should try my luck at such a competition.

"Hey."

I whirled around, and to my dismay, it was Wesley.

"Oh. Hey."

I turned back to continue evaluating my options.

"Why are you so cold to me?" He pondered lightheartedly.

"Because you are a complete d-bag whose only goal in life is to score with girls." I snapped. His face fell a little but seemed to perk right back up. I will never understand his thought process.

"Wanna walk with me?"

"No."

"Come on!"

I glared back at him, frustrated that he wasn't getting the hint.

"You do know that we're not friends right? So why on earth would I ever want to walk with you?"

This time his face fell into a serious gaze.

"Leia, It's been so many years since that. And that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Please."

I was about to serve him with the same response that I had been giving him all night, but I did figure that there was really nothing to lose by talking through some stuff, especially that one night.

"Yeah. Fine. I guess."