Chapter 17.

A/N:

You guys!!!! This is the FINAL CHAPTER!!! I can't believe my first ever piece of writing on Wattpad is over!!!! Don't worry though, I will be back with the new novel! Already have some AWESOME plot points planned! xoxo JS.

_________________________________________________________________

I pushed through my front door, with Wes' fingers interlocked in mine. 

I've really missed him. 

I hear faint cries all throughout my house, followed by the sound of Dustin's comforting voice. "Sweetie, it's going to be okay. She will come around. Oh, look she's back."

Both Dustin and my mom glanced up to stare down Wes and I. 

"Umm, hi mom." I break our gaze. "Can I speak to you for a second?"

"Sure thing sweetie," She grabs another box of tissues as we head up the stairs. 

"Honey, I'm so sorry." She immediately began to break down. "I just thought I was protecting you. You had already lost so much in your life, I didn't want you to risk losing anything else. It was stupid of me to put my own personal problems into your life, but I did. Sweetie, I see now that Wes is the best thing that has ever happened to you. He's there for you, and I couldn't ask for anyone better to look after you while you are still grieving Harlow. I am the worst possible mother ever, and I don't know if you can ever forgive me, but I'm asking you to try."

I smile and walk over to hug her. 

"Mom, I love you so much. I obviously don't agree with what you did, but I do know that you did it out of love and protection. I do forgive you mom, and I'm hoping we can all get along together as a family."

"I would love that." She smiled down at me, giving me a kiss on my forehead. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Rachel Launders, will you marry me?" Dustin was on one knee, proposing to my mom in front of me and Wes. We smiled at each other as we heard her shriek.

"Yes! Absolutely!"

Wes grabbed my hand. Since we have all resolved the problems that have occurred over the last few days, we couldn't be a tighter knit family now.

Wes leaned over to me. 

"You know, one day that's going to be us." He smirked.

I turned to face him. "Really? How are you so sure?"

Wes just smiled. "Because over the years I've learned something about us. We always come back for each other." 

A blush crept up to my cheeks. "I love you, Wes."

"And I love you."

The End.