Chapter 3.

I winced as Wesley pulled up his chair behind me.

Thoughts flashed through my mind seemingly all at once.

Leia, keep your composure. Come on, it's the last period on the last day, don't flip out on him now.

A deep, husky voice interrupted me from my impulsive thoughts. "Hey. It's Leia right?"

I turned around to find him curiously gazing at me.

Here it comes, I thought.

"Yeah. We've known each other since middle school. I figured you would at least somewhat remember who I am." I responded coolly.

"Oh, yeah no I do. I just really wanted to make sure I got it right. Wouldn't want to piss you off right before school ends, especially someone with your temperament." He responded, attempting to lighten the mood.

It was as if I could feel his smile through my neck, and it burned. I became so hot with anger, readily anticipating the stupid pickup line that was about to follow.

But nothing.

Not a single word.

I couldn't even pay attention to what my teacher was saying for the remainder of the class. I was so confused. Why didn't he go for it? Does he realize that I am literally the only girl left on his long list of conquests? Don't get me wrong, it's what I wanted, but it still didn't stop me from wondering why he chose to leave one girl out this year.

As the bell rang, anticipated students buzzed out of their classrooms and bolted out the door. I hung around for a little while, as I didn't want to be trapped in the hurricane of locker combination frustrations and notebooks flying everywhere.

As I casually approached my locker, I heard faint footsteps approaching. I turned to find none other than,

Wesley.

Oh, I see, he chose to wait until the very last minute to complete his list. Well, here it comes. I psyched myself up in sheer anger. Remember Leia, hold on to your temper. Do not explode. Do not explode.

Strolling up to me, I could see the small smile that took form on his flawless, yet disgusting face. Bracing myself, I held my breath. But I quickly released when I realized that he wasn't walking to me, he was walking by me.

I whirled around, this time even more confused than before.

What the heck is going on? Does he realize that I am the ONLY girl left on his list, and he's just ignoring me?

I turned back to my locker, realizing that I was giving myself a headache over all of this pointless drama with Wesley. Even though a huge part of me was both ecstatic and relieved that he didn't try and pull anything, there was a very, VERY small part of me that wondered why.

Why didn't he complete his list?

Why did he leave one girl out this year?

Why was this one girl me?