Chapter 14.

After I was let out of the hospital, the only thing that took over my mind was Wes. It was like his disappearance from my life completely took over my brain.

I rolled over, burying my face in my sheets. I reached for my phone to text Harlow.

Harlow.

And that was it. All the emotion towards her I hadn't been able to feel, all came pouring out. I screamed, cried, and punched my pillows until there was nothing left except the feathers that were scattered all over my bedroom floor. 

After a few hours, I suddenly began to feel trapped within the four walls of my house. I needed to get out, to clear my mind from everything that has happened over the past few days. 

"I'll be back in a bit mom, I'm just going out for a walk!"

"Okay, sweetie! See you when you get back!"

I know what you're thinking. Really Leia? You just suffered through a car accident and you think going for a walk is a good idea? Honestly, I was surprised to hear that the accident really only took a toll on my conscious state. Apparently, I was very fortunate in the way I was positioned in that I only ended up with a fractured arm and a minor head injury.

Anyways, as I was walking and attempting to put my mind on something else, I looked up and immediately froze in my tracks.

Wes.

But he wasn't alone.

My heart plummeted to my stomach when I saw him kissing some other girl. Correction, they were making out. 

I must have gasped, because Wes immediately broke off of her and stared at me with a blank expression on his face. I felt the tears beginning to come back, so I did the only thing I knew how to do. I turned and ran.

"Ley! Wait! Please!" I heard Wes' hurried footsteps thumping behind me. Knowing that I couldn't outrun him, I began to slow down. I felt his tight grasp around my waist, as Wes turned me to face him. 

"Get away from me!" I screamed. I shoved him, attempting to create space between us. I needed to be able to think straight.

"Ley! You're okay! Thank God." My jaw dropped.

"Are you serious right now! That's what you came to tell me!" I couldn't believe he wasn't even able to apologize after he abandoned me. 

"Ley, please listen to me," He bowed his head, almost as if he felt some glimpse of remorse. He knew what I was referring to. "I left because-"

I huffed in disgust, cutting him off as the tears began streaming down my face. " You know you are the same scared little kid who abandoned me all of those years ago. I should have known better than to trust you. God, you actually made me believe that you had changed!"

I swore I saw a pang of hurt flash in Wes' eyes, but I didn't care. He needed to know.

"I heard you, you know!" I yelled angrily.

"What are you talking about?" 

"When I was unconscious. I heard you. You said you loved me." My voice cracked at the end. 

"Ley I-" He advanced towards me.

"Well, what is it, Wes? Did you really mean that, or was it just convenient for you at the time? When I heard you say that, I remembered how you had come back to fix your mistakes; you came back for me. So I made the decision that I was going to come back for you. You know, I actually thought I loved you." I gulped. " I really did. I was going to fight for us because I wasn't going to just walk away and abandon what I thought we had. I guess that was only me." I sighed.

"Ley, no! That was not only you! I love you! I need you."

"Yeah, I can totally tell you need me."I huffed, motioning towards the girl Wes was kissing. 

"Listen to me. I needed something else to distract me from your pain-"

"And I needed you, Wes! I really needed you! I lost Harlow, the best thing that ever happened to me. And now I guess I've lost you too." I turned away from him. "You know, that stupid note really broke me. I don't think I will ever be able to trust anyone again. "

I ran. Fast.

I ran so fast I didn't even hear Wes call out. 

"Ley! Stop! What are you talking about?! What note?"