Chapter 8.

Looking out over the city lights at sunset, I couldn't be happier. Our feet dangled over the edge of the bridge, and the most calming yet exciting feeling filled my stomach.

I glanced over at Wes, assuming he was taking in the surroundings like I was, but instead, he had his steady gaze fixed on me. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach, and I was so confused how this guy who I have known for so long could suddenly have this effect on me.

I took a deep breath as my face slowly fell. I suddenly snapped out of my daze, remembering that Wes is still Wes, and I still wasn't completely sure if this was something he had done to swoon other girls.

I turned to face him directly. "So how many girls have you brought to this spot?" I question.

He chuckled. "Only one."

"One girl? And who was that?"

"You." He had the sexiest smirk I had ever seen on his face. God, why does he have to be so flipping attractive? I'm over here trying to keep my head on straight, but it's hard. I can't seem to think when he's around.

"Me? I'm pretty sure I've never been here before." I was so confused.

"Really? Look again."

And as I continued to observe my surroundings, I remembered that this is where we first met; where we first became friends. I was jogging along the bridge, absent minded, and so was he. We bumped into each other, nearly knocking the wind out of the other person. And bam. Friends.

"Oh my gosh, Wes! I completely forgot about this place!" I smiled.

I turned to look at him, and he shifted closer. "Wes. I've really missed you calling me Wes." He closed the space between us, as he cupped my face in his hands.

But the jolting vibration of my phone separates us. Not yet, I guess. Not yet.

I glanced down to see who could possibly be interrupting us.

Mom.