Training Score (Part 6)

Once I arrive at the apartment, I join the stylists, Jack, Gliese, and Venture on the couch while Julius Flickerman, the newer Master of Ceremonies. He is reading out the scores.I sit next to Venture. I see that the careers got an 8-10 during their private sessions. Not really a surprise. I also pay attention to Jessica's score, and she got a 6, which isn't bad I guess. Jack gets a 7. 

"I did some sword throwing on my private session", Jack says, but everybody shushes him so we can see my score.

"For Thorburn Chelowech, District 5, receives an 8" Everyone cheers for me, except Jack. I feel bad for him since nobody clapped for him. Venture pats me on the back, telling me on how awesome that is. After this, we go to dinner. I order a salad and its there in seconds. I eat the meal like its my last....well..it could be actually. Everyone is talking about our scores while eating, while I just daydream.

"So, Thorburn, how'd you get that score?" Gliese asks.

"Well, all I did was spear throwing," I say, "I thought I did pretty good since all of my shots were accurate."

"They should've if you got a score that good" Gliese says. "Usually a career gets that score, so what you did was amazing. You blew my expectations out of the water!" He says, which makes me smile. After I eat, I sit down at the couch to look at some more Games.