One

Corbin.

"Corbin you fat lad, you'll get us caught!" Caden hissed at me as he shoved me through the window into one of the sitting rooms.
The upper half of my body was through the window but the lower half was still outside. I looked back through the window at my brother. I made sure he stood at the perfect angle before I raised one leg and kicked him right between the legs.

"Argh!" he yelled and fell to his knees with his hand clutching his hurt area, the other hand turned into a fist and he shoved it in his mouth to muffle the yell. I instantly felt bad because his eyes were watering. I hadn't seen Caden cry in over 13 years.

Caden's eyes went up to the windows above, trying to see if anyone had heard. We were trying to sneak back into the house after the party and the slightest thing could wake dad up.
"What was that for?" Caden groaned, struggling to stand up.
"I'm not fat!" I grumbled.

I couldn't believe I finally let Caden know that I could speak. I've muttered under my breath or talked to myself so many times over the years. My family were too silly to realise.

I was traumatised after the incident, but not enough to stop me from speaking. I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts for a bit. I figured if I didn't talk, people wouldn't want to talk to me. People can be annoying sometimes.

Caden grunted as he stood up and suddenly he grabbed my shoe right off my foot.
"Caden!"
He didn't listen to me and started beating me with my own shoe.
"I bruise easily, you oaf!"
"Kick me again and you'll see what'll happen to you!" He whisper yelled.
I decided I didn't care and aimed another kick behind, this time he caught my leg and then took my sock right off.
"Hey!" I hissed at him and tried kicking him one more time. But he was too fast this time.
"I swear, try that again and I will detach your leg from your joints!"

That's all it took for me to calm down because Caden wouldn't hesitate to stick to his word.
"Alright, just help me in," I sighed, wriggling around my middle where I was stuck. It took a long few minutes for me to wriggle inside and land with a soft thump on the carpet. Caden dived in behind me and he got stuck too.
"Curse these abs of steel!" he muttered.
"Maybe you should stop working out?"
"Listen, these babies are a blessing and a curse,"

"Wow, Cay can you see your tonsils from how far your head is jammed up your -"
"Corbin, my fist is about to get jammed down your tonsils if you don't help me!"

I sighed and grabbed his wrists and he wriggled his hips through the small window. He looked back at his hips.
"Hey, I should get a Spanish dancer as a mate," he laughed.
"You speak Spanish? Oh, I love Spanish," I said "Mi casa es su casa," I'd taught myself both French and Spanish but my poor incompetent brother here probably doesn't even know that there are other languages apart from English.

Caden's blue eyes shone intently.
"Mi casa es su you need to get me the hell out of here before I whoop your butt!" he hissed.

"You're mean." I remarked.
After several more minutes pulling and hip-wriggling, Caden started slipping in slowly. After one last tug, he lurched forward which meant that I went backwards and toppled right over the back of the sofa, to the other side where my foot, of course, hit the stereo.

Caden and I watched each other in disbelief as an unfortunately loud version of I Got You by James Brown burst out and boomed throughout the house, making the floors vibrate. From several floors up, we heard Ashlen burst into tears.
"You idiot!" Caden said to me.
"I'm sorry! I didn't- I didn't mean to!" I panicked. I hated it when I got things wrong in front of Caden. I didn't want him to hate me.

I felt a lump rise to my throat and tears threatened to spill over.
Caden sighed and shook his head.
"Wipe your eyes, dude," he said switching the stereo off "It's not your fault. It's our parents for having disgusting taste in music."