Chapter 10

I drop my bags right where I'm standing and start sprinting towards the plane. Once I turn the corner and get on the plane, I turn to my right and there is a huge commotion in our row. I walk towards it and see the situation clearer. Cam and Nash are surrounded be at least 5 girls, 2 of them being Calista and her friend. The flight attendants are there unsuccessfully trying to get the girls away from them. I run towards them, and try to fight my way towards Nash and Cam.

One of the flight attendants grab my shoulder and spins me around. She's probably in her mid 30s and is tall, skinny, and her blonde hair is in a sock bun. She says to me,

"Sorry, you can't see them right now."

"I'm with them." I quickly say.

"That's what they said." She says referring to the girls.

"But I really am!" I said. "I'm Nash's sister!" I say pointing to Nash.

" I don't believe you." She plainly says as she crosses her arms.

"I'm serious! I'm Nash's sister!"

"I'll need proof first." she calmly says.

"DOES IT EVEN PHASE YOU THAT MY BROTHER AND HIS BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MUGGED BY CRAZY FANGIRLS!!!" I yell at her. She is clearly shocked. The girls went silent as I said this. I turn around and see everyone staring at me and the flight attendant. Cam and Nash's eyes are full of relief.

"Do you see them right now?" I said to the flight attendant. "Do you believe I'm Nash's sister now?" I say, and push my way towards them.

Once I get to them, I put myself between them and the girls. Nash pulls me into a hug, and as I'm hugging him Cam is mouthing 'Thank You' to me. I turn towards the girls and see that Calista and her friend are at the front. Calista gives me a dirty look, and I just ignore it.

"Really guys??" I say towards the girls. "You guys are bothering them in a plane? You are invading their privacy! How would you like to have people constantly trying to follow and over come them with questions? I understand that's what they do at Magcon, but this isn't Magcon! This is their personal life, their time off!" I pause, none of the girls have spoken or took their eyes off of me. Not even Nash or Cameron has piped in. "How many of you are going to Magcon? Like all of you? That's what your on this plane for... to go to Magcon. You guys will get the chance to meet them there, so why bother them here!" They continue to stare me down. I really don't like attention on me, so I try to break the awkward silence. "So Go! Leave them alone!!!" I say waving my arms to ward them off. Once they clear out, I turn to the boys.

"Well, that's a different way to do it!" Nash says jokingly. "I thought you would just throw some punches."

"Nahh... I thought I'd mix it up a bit." I say with a smirk. There's a silence.

"Well??" I say to them "Where's my thank you? I basically just saved your asses!" I say to them.

"Thanks." They both say in sync.

"Really?! That's it? MEAN IT!" I say lightly punching both of them in the arm.

"I'm just kidding! Thank you!" Cameron says pulling me into a hug. We stand there hugging for awhile. Nash is awkwardly standing there watching us. I notice and pull away.

"We should probably find Hayes." I say. "I told him to meet me at the gate."

"Okay. Legooooo!!!!" Cam says flailing his arms up, and running towards the jet bridge.

We walk down the jet bridge and towards the gate. I scan the crowd for Hayes. I see someone with dark shaggy hair sitting in a seat, facing away from us. I walk up to him.

"Were back! Legoooo!!!" I say.

He looks up from his phone. "Paige?"

My eyes grow wide as I realize who it is. "Sorry," I say. "I thought you were Hayes." I say and quickly walk away.

"No, it's okay." He says grabbing my shoulder. He spins me around. I look down to avoid making eye contact. "How have you been? I haven't seen you lately."

"Fine." I say looking to my side to find Nash talking to Cam a ways away. Nash and I make eye contact, and sees I'm in trouble. He quickly gets up and walks towards me, Cam curiously following behind.

"Hey Brent!" Nash says and waves.

"Oh hey Nash!" Brent says taking the attention away from me.

Yes Brent, Brent Rivera to be exact. We dated for awhile a long time ago when he was still in Magcon. We broke up because fame would get in the way of our relationship. I haven't talked to him since. He has tried contacting me, but I never answered to him. I thought it would be easier to forget anything ever happened.

"What are you doing here?" Nash asks him.

"I'm picking Lexi up. She was on a vacation with her friends this past week."

"Ohh!" Nash says.

"What's new with you guys?" Brent says.

"We have Magcon in San Diego this weekend." Cameron says.

I make my way over to the opposite side of Cam, so I'm the farthest away from Brent.

"Ohh yeah! I was talking with Aaron earlier today, and I might come and hang out with you guys, for old times sake!" He says.

My eyes grew wide, and Nash saw the worry in them. This cant be happening. my brother decides to bring me to the one Magcon that Brent is attending? Why can't anything just work out for me. I have nothing against Brent, don't get me wrong, its just that its gonna be awkward. What happens when everyone is on stage and it's only him and I back stage?

Cameron's POV

I can see the fear in Paige's eyes. I don't know what happened, but I can tell it wasn't that good.

"Oh cool!" I say.

"Yeah, well... we have to get going. we have to get our bags and get to the hotel." Nash says.

"Ohh." Brent says looking at me. "Well nice seeing you guys again!" He flashes a smile at Paige, and she gives him a half smile back. "Bye Paige." He says still smiling at Paige.

"Bye." She says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I decided to update again! I figured it was time! I kinda gave up on the whole goal thing. I figured my story will just grow with time, and I need to be patient. So here's an update! thanks for being so patient when I didn't update for awhile! Tell your friends about my book! I'd love to have them read it! Keep voting for it!

See you soon!

-t