Chapter 54

After we finished up at the sand bar, we ate lunch on the yacht and set sail again.

Currently, Nash is at the captain's wheel and I am standing next to him, whining because he won't let me drive.

"Do you even know what you're doing? You've never driven this thing before!"

"Uh, Nashh... I have my license now!" I argue.

"Paige, this is completely different from driving a car."

"Uh, obviously."

"You're not capable of driving this big 'ole thing yet."

"Nash, this should be easier than driving. It's open water, there's no technical right of way, and basically the only two rules are: one, don't capsize it, and two, don't run into anything. And seen as how this is a deep lake, and there are like two boats out here today, the only thing I have to look out for is any islands that might just jump out on front of me." I say and he just stares at me.

"Alright." He says, reluctantly standing up. "Just don't hurt Nashley, she is very precious and expensive."

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." I roll my eyes. "Nashley? It's not even your boat!"

"Yeah, but dad specifically said that I have full rights to this thing and when I asked him if I could name it, he said, and I quote, "Give it all you've got."

"Couldn't you have at least named it something else? Like, Shirley, or Cindy?"

"What, and be like all the other senior citizens who name their boats after common old people names? We've gotta be different!"

"Just rename it." I say, and taking the wheel from him.

I drive Shirley to my favorite spot. It's an island that we have grown up on since we were little. There's a long rope hanging from a tree branch that extends over the lake. Once we get there, the guys anchor a little bit off shore and we wade over to the island.

On the island, there's a small sand beach, and a little bit farther inland, there's a big grass area and a couple of picnic tables that we have slowly taken out here scattered along the side of it.

"This is so cool!" Matt says, as he reaches land with all of the bags and plops them on one of the tables.

Maxx and Austin always came here with us growing up, so they are the first ones to run to the big tree with the rope by the cliff.

"Awh sweet!" Taylor says, running after them.

The guys each take turns swinging off of the rope and doing flips into the lake. Once it comes to Cam's turn, he leaves my side and grabs the rope, turns towards me, winks, and takes off running off the cliff before doing a graceful cannonball into the water.

That right there, was one hell of a picture.

"Who hasn't gone yet?" Hayes says walking past everyone and examining their state of wetness. "Ah, sissy..." He grabs a piece of my hair, twirling it between his fingers. "You're turn."

"Not feeling it." I say simply, looking off the high cliff, into the waters.

"Why not, Paige?" He teases, knowing that I haven't ever willingly jumped off the cliff.

"Afraid of heights." I say simply.

"Awh come on, P. Live a little." Maxx says, nudging my shoulder. I give him a glare.

"If you even think about it, Fletcher, I will make sure you'll never be able to have kids." I say. Cameron comes up behind me and gives me a wet hug, sending me into a fit of shivers.