Chapter 6- Paradise

Lisi's POV

I land on the ground and hide my wings once again. Zoë is stood by the river looking at her reflection in the water. Droplets of water fall from her eyes into the river below her.

"Zoë," I call out. She turns around. Her eyes are red and puffy as she's been crying. Her cheeks are like tomatoes due to her running all the way here.

"Lisi," she says turning around. She runs towards me and wraps her arms around my small body. "I'm so stupid." She cries into my shoulder. I awkwardly pat her on the back comforting people isn't one of my skills. "Why did I do that to myself?"

"Because you thought it was love," I consolidate her. I supposed that's why I kissed Haechan, because I thought it was love. "It wasn't meant to be Zoë." I tell her as we sit on a log. She continues to sob.

"I'm so stupid," she sniffs. "I shouldn't have let Johnny do that to me." I continuously pat her on the back. She sniffs up the last few tears. We sit quietly listening to the wind whistle and river splash. Our faces are kissed by the colding wind as it reaches the evening.
"Earlier," Zoë begins. "Why did you look so upset?" Her eyes sparkling as they reflect the glistening river.

"I found out I'm leaving," I tell her. "I'm going to back to live with my mother." She jerks her head up almost colliding it with mine.

"What? When?" She questions quickly not giving me enough time to answer.

"Tomorrow morning," I sigh, looking down into my lap where my fingers twiddle over one another.

"What?" I hear a different voice ask. I look up. Haechan, he must have followed me after... HE SAW MY WINGS! I stand up and Zoë whips her head round to look at him.
"Lisi come with me," he takes my hand and begins to drag me away from Zoë.

Sicheng's POV

"So who's Doyoung?" Yuta asks during our mundane task of changing the bed covers from blue to a slightly different darker blue.

"He's my assistant and best friend," I answer. "We've been friends for years."

"He doesn't seem much older than you," Yuta states. I nod my head put the pillow in the pillowcase and shaking it so it slides down.

"He's only a year and half older than me," I tell him. "His dad was my assistant until I was 15 then he took over. But when he was little his dad used to sneak him into work and we'd play together." Yuta keeps stuffing the cover inside it's sheet. "Once I got engaged to NaHee, we separated slightly. He once came rushing to me because he'd done something stupid, broken the rules in fact."

"Really him, broken rules?" Yuta jokes. "He does not seem the type." He smiles to himself. "Bet you could never break the rules either." I chuckle.

"Actually being here, is against the law," I admit. "And you know, being in love with a guy that's also a human." I drop my pillow on the floor. I stand frozen embarrassed about what I just said. I can't even bare to lift my head to look at Yuta's face.

"L-love?" Yuta stammers out. "Y-you." I slowly turn picking my head and facing him. My cheeks burn with embarrassment. When my eyes meet his, he seems completely shocked. Eyes wide mouth open, frozen in place. I take a deep breathe in, close my eyes and speak.

"I love you Yuta," I tell him with my eyes firmly shut.

Zoë's POV

As I watch as Lisi gets dragged away, I notice another familiar figure standing with his hand against the tree, panting as if he's out of breath. I stand up and turn around to leave, I don't want to see him right now.