Chapter 9- Go

Sicheng's POV

I am thrown against the hard wooden floor. My arms shackled behind my back. My body pressed down into a bowing position. My head pulled back by my hair so I forced to look at him. I have been grazed along my body from my feet upwards. The only places that aren't hurt are my face, neck and hands.

"You know why you're here, don't you Sicheng?" He asks me. A guard forces my head down into an apologetic stance. "Don't you?"

"Yes, Father," I say, the pain in my neck almost bringing me to tears.

"So why did you do it?" He questions further. "Why couldn't you just marry her!?" He yells as my head is forced up again. "Do you not want to help your country?" I feel his soft words like sharp daggers in my eyes. Using a nice tone to make the guilt trickle across my back. He walks over and holds my chin up to his face. "Tell me Sicheng, why did you run away?" He keep my mouth closed and look away. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE?" He swings his leg and it gets planted into the side of my ribcage. I cough and splutter becoming a disheveled mess on the floor. "Not going to tell me?" He pulls dust off of his wings and puts it in his hand. He blows it in my face. "So tell me now Sicheng," he begins calmly. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE?" He pulls my hair as he spits the words into my face.

"Because I wasn't in love with her," I respond unwillingly. He must have cast a spell which forces me to tell the truth.

"Is that so?" He questions thoughtfully. "Then is there someone you are in love with?" He mocks my previous sentence. He looks me right in the eye when I don't respond he turns around

"Yes," my mouth says again uncontrollably.

"Oh," he smiles maniacally as he turns to face me again. "And is she a human or a fairy?"

"He's a human," I muster out. His head cocks to the side.

"Oh and what's his name?" He asks trying to sound sweet. I try to keep my mouth closed. I use all my force to keep the name concealed, but unsurprisingly magic wins.

"Yuta," I inevitably blurt out. I curse myself. He drops my chin and signals for a guard to push his foot into my back once again. I scream out in pain as the bones crack in my back. My eyes now rivers of fear.

"Don't worry Sicheng," he laughs. "I'll reunite you with your precious Yuta."

Zoë's POV

We wake up still in Ai-ra's shop. The surroundings still the same. The people still the same. But I still have wings. Yuta and Ai-ra are sat in the corner preparing an idea of how to get Lisi back.

"So I'm going to be on the inside and I'll tell you what to do," Ai-ra says. "Jaemin and Jeno will help me." Yuta nods. "We should get someone to pull the sprinkles or fire alarm." Ai-ra smiles widely. "This is going to be so much fun."

"Come get breakfast!" Ten yells from the other room.

"Okay!" Ai-ra yells back as she tidies the map away under the table we're about to eat on. Everyone sits around it as Ten brings out eggs and bacon.

"So this is the plan," Yuta begins as we finish our food. Jaemin pulls the map up once again. I quickly finish my bacon by shoving it into my face. Johnny laughs at me so I hit his leg and shush him so we can listen. He smiles to himself.

"Mark," Yuta begins. "You're going to pretend to be a student and go to the announcement room. You're going to call the teachers up to you so Jaemin can let us in through the back." Yuta continues to explain the plan. We all nod and pay attention and I'm not going to lie, it should work even if it's a bit extra.