Chapter 10- Whiplash

(A/N: WARNING this chapter is not suitable for the faint hearted and may contain some upsetting scenes)

Lisi's POV

"Haechan?" I question looking at the figure standing in the door.

"Lisi," he smiled. "It's me."

"Haechan," I smile back and begin to run towards him. I said I'd do anything to be with him for a couple days. I reach him and look into his deep brown eyes. He looks as if he's going to cry. "I'm so happy." Tears have appeared in my eyes. I mean forwards and kiss him. "Our wings are opposites." I say upon observing the pale orange wings on his back.

"We're perfect," he grins.

"Can you stop with the PDA shrubling, please?" I hear the familiar voice of Zoë ask. "You're giving me diabetes." I chuckle.

"Sorry," I laugh. Ai-ra, Jaemin and Jeno walk up behind us.

"Jeno, text the others," Ai-ra smiles mischeviously. "We need to go now."

"Wait you knew what was happening?" I ask her. She nods. "That's why you were so calm."

"If i didn't know what was happening I would probably have broken down," she says. I laugh. "Anyway we need to leave. Ten and Johnny should be able to open the doors to the exit."

"Ten's here?" I question. " He'll get killed if he's found." Ai-ra nods sadly. The smiles drop from Zoë and Haechan's faces.

"We all will be," Haechan says taking my hand. "We're humans and as far as they can tell, you guys let us into the fairy world." I gulp. "We will make it out of this, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I mutter under my breath. We walk along the corridors and finally reach two boys with a gun on an old lady.

"Stay still," Ten yells at the lady pointing a gun at her.

"Woah!" Zoë almost yells. "Someone stop him." 

"Ten," I say and throw a piece of paper off the floor and at his head. "Put the gun down." I get some of glitter from my wings but remember it's not going to work because the school put a ban on fairies using magic. Haechan seems to catch my drift and get some of the magic from his wings and blows on it. A cage appears around the lady. Ten breathes a sigh of relief and makes the gun vanish.

"Let's go find Yuta and Mark," Jeno says. We nod and start walking forwards to find them, all but Zoë that it. I turn to look at her, her mouth is agape.

"What is it?" I question. Everyone else turns to look at her. She begins smiling.

"I just realised," she starts. "Me and Johnny make Christmas." I face palm and everyone else sighs.

"Let's just go," I say sounding disappointed.

Yuta's POV

"MARK!" I yell bursting through the door. I see him laying on the chair, hands tied behind his back and mouth gagged.

"Yuta?" An unfamiliar voice says from behind me. I turn to see two men with huge hammers standing taller than me. They're muscular and their black wings hit me uncomfortably close to home. One is the man that kidnapped Sicheng.

"Yes?" I respond using my body to shield Mark's unconscious one. My arm his grabbed and I'm put into an arm lock.

"You're coming with us," he says.

"No," I say and try to elbow him. The other man sends a hard punch into the side of my face making you mouth bleed and face swell. I spit the blood on the floor. I try wrestling out of their grasp again. He takes my arm in his grasp and breaks it as if it were a twig. I scream out in pain causing more blood to spill out of my mouth and the swelling to swing. I look down on my arm to see the broken bone sticking out. My eyes well up and I begin to cry salty tears into the gashes on my face. I've come to except my death.