note

This story was quite literally born from a 3 a.m. conversation while listening to the new 5SOS album. The song 'Better Man' came on and my immediate thought was that it was from Ketch's point of view.

The story is set in season 12 of Supernatural, so here's your spoiler warning if you aren't caught up (though if you're here, you probably are, but still) then you should probably go do that.

This is also your no-smut warning, because I can't write smut to save my life. It will be implied, though. 

There will be loads of angst. A little bit of fluff (as much as one can manage with Ketch, that is) and a ton of sass.

I'll shut up now and let you read.

+++

Tiny bit of background before you continue:

It will begin after Sam and Dean are back from Site 94 (it'll all be explained, don't worry). Around the episode 'The Raid', but this story will not follow season 12 word for word and scene for scene. Some details will be altered for the story. Some  might be added in entirely. They're on purpose. Just roll with it.

The ending, however, and the deaths that season 12 brought will still occur (tiny spoiler, but just so you can prepare yourself). It will be the cause of Ketch's downfall at the end.

And if you couldn't already tell, Mary was not brought back by Amara.

Instead, Amara brought back the younger Winchester sibling named Joy. 

Joy died seven years ago making a deal with a reaper to throw her into The Empty if she promised to keep Sam and Dean alive. The reaper reluctantly agreed. Yes, that reaper was Billie.

But since Joy has been back, no one else knows, save for Eileen, Jody, Donna, and their gang (Claire, Alex, Kaia, Patience). Other than that, as far as the world is concerned, Joy is still dead. Off the grid.

And Joy plans to keep things that way.

Until she meets a certain man.

*roll title card*