chp.11 : something along the lines of awko taco.

WOOOAAAH. Woah woah WOOAH. My heart was beating as if I had run a mile, and my face was as red as a tomatoe. What...what the heck was Kris saying?! Does-DOES HE FLIPPIN LIKE ME OR SOMETHING?!?! WHAT THE HECK, I HAVEN'T EVEN KNOWN HIM FOR A MONTH, THIS IS TOO SOON OH MY GOD! I had to straighten things up with him!

"I know this is a bit soon, I mean we've only known each other for a few days," Kris said, seeing my confused and frantic face,"but...I see you as a dear friend to me now. That's okay with you, right?"

Friend? FRIEND?!!

"Y-yeah, that's perfectly alright," I said, relieved that he didn't like me, but for some reason slightly disappointed as well.

Kris breathed a sigh of relief. "Whew! I thought you hated me!"

"I-what? I don't hate you!" Even though I did say it a few times, I never really meant it. Hate was such a strong word, and he did nothing to deserve my hate.

"Good." Kris said, smiling, his perfect white teeth beaming, destroying all the mirrors nearby. I'm pretty sure he posed for multiple teeth commercials.

"Oh crap!" I said when I glanced at my watch, it was time to pick up my siblings! Where the heck did the time go? Did we really spend that much time here? I got up quickly and started walking back to my bicycle, Kris soon following me. How did I not realize it was already getting dark?

"Wow, time sure does fly by." Kris commented. I agreed, shivering a bit because it got pretty chilly.

"Are you cold?" Kris asked.

"Yeah, I didn't remeber how cold it could get in the evenings."

Kris suddenly took off his hoodie, thankfully he had on a black top under it, and put it right over my head.

"Here, it's really warm." He grinned as he put the hood over my head.

I was frozen as this warmth swept over my cold body, his huge hoodie all the way to my knees. The hood was covering my eyes as I looked up at him.

"Th-thanks." I stuttered, too shocked by this kind gesture. I was sure my heart was beating right out of my chest, it was so loud! Kris laughed as he moved the hoodie away from my eyes, and I was stuck staring into his beautiful eyes, flecks of dark brown swirling here and there. We were just standing there, the whole world seeming to be quiet as I stood in front of Kris, looking into each other's eyes. He wasn't smiling now, more like he was thinking about something. Even though this was kind of weird, I felt comfort in gazing at his eyes, nothing else disturbing us. Then Kris, ever so slowly, moved his head a bit lower, moving closer to me. What-what was he thinking about doing? Was there something on my face? I couldn't move as his face was right in front of me now, curse my height, he had to bend his head down a bit low, his lips inches from mine, moving closer by the second. Was he...?!?

Ring Ring Ring Ring.

WHAT THE HECK?!?! I scrambled to get my phone, breaking the spell and answered to the teacher, telling her I'll be right there. Man, I was already late to pick up my siblings!

I looked back at Kris, the tension tightening in the air, as we both walked to my bicycle. He wasn't even looking at me, apparently appreciating our surroundings. And this time he put his hands behind the bike for support, not even daring to put them around me. The whole ride to his house was so quiet, none of us uttering a word.

Awkkkkwaaaaaaaaaaard.

I waved goodbye as he left, not looking back, my mind finally registering what happened as I pedaled down the ginormous hill.

Did...did Kris try to kiss me?!