chp 16: unexpected boyfriends & yehets.

"I'm your sister's boyfriend."

My eyes opened wide while Soo hyun was squealing. Is the wax returning to my ear? Just an hour ago Kris basically told me that I shouldn't have feelings for him. And now he's declaring to my siblings that we're dating? WHAT IN YEHET'S NAME?!?

"Wah, does that mean we get to ride in this awesome car now?" Hyun woo shamelessly asked. I was gonna beat that kid to a pulp when I got home.

"Haha, I'll do it whenever your sister is too tired!" Kris said happily to Hyun woo's delight.

"That's good, she's always really tired!" He looked as if he was about to die from happiness. Little did he know he was about to die from my fists.

"Is she really?" Kris asked as he glanced at me. I didn't respond as we finally drove into the dimly lit neighborhood. I directed him to the shabby apartment and parked in the parking lot. I knew by his expression he was a bit taken aback.

"This is where you-" Kris stopped as he looked at me, realizing how rude that would be. He got out of the car and before I could open my own door, he opened it for me.

"T-thanks." I stuttered, not experiencing this before.

"Aren't you gonna open my door?" Soo hyun cried as she tapped the window. Kris laughed as he opend it for her and they both jumped out. Kris then picked Soo hyun up, who was squealing in delight.

"Can I pick her up?" He asked me.

I rolled my eyes. "I mean, you're already holding her, what's the point of asking." Kris blew a raspberry at me and ran up the stairs, Hyun woo feverishly chasing after him. I sighed as I took the stairs slowly. By the time I got there, Hyun woo and Soo hyun were already inside, and Kris was standing outside our door, waiting for me.

"You're not coming inside?" I asked, hoping he would say no.

To my relief, he shaked his head. "I can't, I gotta go to the meeting." He stuffed his hands in his pocket and stared right at me, making things VERY awkward. My mind was already going through so much.

"So, uh, this is where you live?" Kris asked, glancing back into our little room and then around.

"Yeah, sorry it's not as luxurious as yours. I try."

"Jang Mi, I don't think it's safe here. Look, the lamp is flickering, for Kai's sake!"

"Oh, so now you're playing the boyfriend role, huh?"

"Jang Mi, it's because I'm worried. And about the boyf-"

"There's no need to be worried. I've been living here for a long time without anyone's help, and I surely don't need anyone's worries either." I don't know, for some reason my mood just turned very, very sour. I always hated when people pitied me, and this was just the case. I was about to close the door on him before I remembered something. "Oh, and Kris. Next time, don't lie to my siblings. Letting them believe in something that won't happen is the worst."

"Jang Mi, I meant it when I said I'll give them a ride."

"I wasn't talking about that." And then I slammed the door in his face, not caring how hurt he looked.

OMG GUYS, LOOK LOOK, I HAVE VOTES AND COMMENTS NOW!! You guys do not know how much that motivates me! Thank you so much, please don't be shy to comment, I would love to see what you guys think!! Saranghae! :) ♡