(14)

/JISUNG/

"When did you start to like me?" We sat on the roof in the pitch black darkness. It was 2 a.m. and everyone else was asleep.

"I think I first noticed it at your 8th grade promotion but I was interested for as long as I can remember. My girlfriend had broken up with me that day and seeing you walk up to us made my heart flutter. You know, there's so many things you don't know. I think you'd be surprised." Chenle lies down and stares up at the stars.

"Ok now I'm curious, spill." I lie down on his chest.

"Fine but not everything."

————————

/CHENLE/

"Hey Lele, did you know this kid is in love with you?And by in love I mean in LOVE." Jeno sits on my lap as we watch a movie. It's our weekly movie night and everyone fell asleep.

"Jeno, how many times do you have to tell me another girl is in love with me? I'm not interested. They will all waste my time." I turn off the movie and stare at the boy.

"That's the thing. It's not a girl." My eyes widen. "My best friend Jaemin has an older brother, his name is Jisung, He never stops talking about you when I'm over. You're probably all he thinks about."

A guy? In love with me?

"You mean the kid at the dance party? The kid who played basketball with me." He nods.

I jump up in surprise. I've never had any interest in guys but then again I've never even looked at a girl in that way. Of course I've had girlfriends but none of them I was serious with.

"Are you sure? I didn't think boys were supposed to like boys, it's not right. Do you think he's sick?"

He slaps my arm and then walks out of the room.

What did I say?

"Think about what you said and don't even think of talking to me if you can't figure it out." My brother screams from his room.

Jisung, huh

————————

"Jeno, please let me in." I knock softly on his door.

"Are you here to recognize and apologize for what you said?" The 7 year old says, trying to sound mature.

"Yes, now let me in." I hear footsteps and then the door opens. I walk in and sit on his bed.

"Ok before you hit me, I don't understand what you want me to apologize for and I'd like it if you explained." He glares at me.

"Fine, you said 'boys aren't supposed to like boys' and that's he's 'sick' what is wrong with you?!" My mouth opens in surprise.

"I didn't know it was wrong, I've never heard of a guy liking a guy. I'm sorry." I try to hug him and he pushes me away.

"That really hit me ya know? Even your 7 year old brother knows more than you and I like guys so it's offensive."

"You.....like guys? When did you choose to be like that. What if mom finds out?"

"It's not a choice Lele, I have no interest in girls and I can't change that. There's nothing you can do and I'm not telling mommy or daddy yet. They will say I'm too young to figure these things out." He pouts and looks at the ground.

"Well, I guess if you can't help it and now that I think about it, It's just liking someone so what's the problem? I'm sorry Jeno I didn't mean to hurt you." I hug him and he accepts.