Chapter 6 || ~A~ Report

No Ones POV

Owen Blackbourne observed his team from the back of the group currently walking to God knows where. He watched as his boys kept matching subtle glances over to where Sang Sorenson was actively chatting with Kota Lee. It wasn't like he disliked the girl, but he was wary of her motives. Coming from an organisation like The Academy, he was taught many things, but he was never taught how to befriend a magicis, especially when he hunts them. He furrowed his eyebrows as he considered the possible outcomes of the situation they had gotten themselves in.

"You're staring." His friend of many years piped up making Owen resist the urge to sigh.

"I'm observing."

"I think I'd know the difference between staring and observing, Owen," Sean grinned. "For starters, you've never looked at the boys like that before."

Owen turned to glare at Sean who just snickered in response. How he ended up with him, he still doesn't know, but he'd be lying if he said he regretted the fast friendship.

"This is a serious situation, Sean," Owen said sharply. "We have no idea of the intentions Miss Sorenson has in mind."

Sean let out a low chuckle. "Intentions? Look at her Owen, she's like an epitome of sunshine and newborn puppies."

Both boys quietly looked over to Sang who was still talking to Kota, only this time Silas and Nathan had joined their conversation. They all seemed to be getting to know each other better. They watched as Kota said something, most likely a fact, then Nathan rolled his eyes and made a comment. Silas and Sang both laughed at whatever the duo were doing while the rest of the boys flushed and softened at the sound of Sang's laughter.

"You don't really expect this girl to be a heinous monster, do you Owen?" Sean softly asked him.

"You misunderstood me, Sean." Was all Owen said.

No, he didn't expect the timid and shy Sang Sorenson to be like any of the other witches him and his team have hunted throughout the years. That wasn't the kind of intentions he was talking about. Sang wasn't like any witch they've ever encountered, most of the ill-intentioned magic users were rotten, cold and quick to assume and judge. The type of witches he's encountered were selfish cons, only using innocent people for their own profits. He's only known her for less than a proper day and Owen could already see the resemblance of his own team within her beautifully haunted eyes.

She never questioned them or asked to be paid back immediately. She took one look at Kota's pale and writhing body on the ground and instantly went to work. He was surprised and proud of the initiative the young woman took into the matters of her own hands. She didn't know him, only his sister. She could've demanded a price, but she didn't. She was a truly mysterious creature.

Owen could tell his team were already smitten by her alluring beauty, it seemed to have grown even more so when she practically sacrificed herself to save Kota. There was so much trust and loyalty put into one stranger even Owen could feel his icy façade melting away under the glance of Sang Sorenson.

"Ah! Here it is." Dr. Roberts exclaimed.

The group stopped and stared at the large rock wall in front of them.

"A wall?" Luke deadpanned, clearly displeased with walking all that way to just stand in front of a wall.

"Not just any wall, my boy." Dr. Roberts grinned.

The old man turned back to the wall and with a wave of his walking cane, a small doorway in the rock wall rippled, and there appeared a stone door. The boys showed different expressions of surprise and awe at the scene in front of them.