Chapter 10

Previously:
"Really? Ummm, okay. Well, the friend is Virus Victoria. She's being held by someone named Thorne. We have no way of getting Virus out as Thorne will kill us if we tick her off even the smallest."

It was odd. Hope seemed to stiffen at the mention of Thorne's name. We had started heading back and we never got confronted by anything dangerous. Hope never leaving my side felt weird but I guess, comforting...? I'm not sure how to think about it.

"Tord? Got a question for ya."

"Hm."

"Where is Vi? In the office I mean."

"I believe Spirt said she was in a closet." I replied and everyone fell silent. Spirt growled and I flinched at it. My eyes met theirs and she glared at me.

"Why must you say it so calmly."

'I didn't.'

I said back and she huffed. Everyone was silent and stayed that way as we snuck in to the Silver Army base. Hope said it was the best plan I ever came up with. We went through roughly 15 plans before I suggested this one.

"You know, I take it back. This is the upmost worst plan I've ever heard of." Hope said while empathizing 'upmost' and 'worst'. I huffed but stayed quiet. A couple snickers from Kira and Logan but other than that, everyone stayed quiet to be undetected.

We were crawling through the vent system after all. Why? Who knows. It was my plan since Thorne would be looking for us. At least, that's the problem I brought up for this plan. In truth I had no idea what I was doing. I was too worried about getting the people who trust me, killed. Along with the one I love.

"Tord!?" Someone yelled as I fell down. A part of the air vent falling beneath me. I fell face first and groaned in pain.

"Ow...." I groaned as I picked myself up slowly. I looked around to see that I was in the tech lab. This is close to Vi's office. I stood up and looked around.

Walking over to one of the observatory mirrors, I noticed a small dog like wolf curled up in the corner. It was hiding something by its skittish nature.

Raising a hand to the glass, I felt a pang of guilt. It was all alone, just like Virus has been for the entire length of us being gone.

"Tord!? Are you okay?" I turned to see Hope jumped down as well.

"Why'd you jump down? You guys should have kept going." I said as I turned fully to her. She shook her head before the dog started barking.

We both looked over to see its tail wagging quickly. Tongue sticking out as it seemed very excited. It's excitement had me chuckling softly.

I ran over to the door and took notice of the note.

"For those who wish to see what a monster looks like. This traitor is to never be set free. Your so called "leader" is nothing more than a bitch!
         -Thorne"

I cringed softly and soon realized why the wolf was so happy to see me. I opened the door with a small bit of trouble but soon made it in.

"Tord, is it safe?" Hope asked as she followed me.

"Of course." I said as I knelt down and held my arms open. The wolf came running at me and I hugged her. She was safe. Right in my arms. So warm and fluffy.

"Tord? Your crying. Are you sure your okay?" Hope asked again as I felt my face with my still human hand. Wet salty tears but my smile remained on my face. 

"Ya. I'm okay." I said softly as I held the small wolf in my arms. My face buried in her fur. "I missed you so much." I muttered into her fur. She gave a soft hum in the back of her throat and soon licked my cheek.