Chapter Two: Girl in the Iceberg

"My Grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days. A time of peace, when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked."

"Only the Avatar; master of all four elements, only she could stop the ruthless Firebenders."

"But when the world needed her most, she vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war."

"Two years ago, my Father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe."

"Some people believe that the Avatar died with all the other Air Nomads and that the cycle is broken but I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow the Avatar will return to save the world."

                                  ~*~

My eyes opened to see a boy, with baby blue eyes and a wolf tail aka ponytail looking down at me right next to a girl with the same features, only she had long hair in braids, with hair loopies.

Hard to believe, my mind had to be playing with me, or those two were Sokka and Katara!

I gasped realizing where I was, who I was.

"It's okay, we won't hurt you." The ponytail boy exclaimed. "I'm Sokka. This is my sister Katara." Sokka said pointing at himself and Katara.

"There's another one!" Katara gasped running inside the iceberg.

I tried to get back up but instead, I shook my head. I got up again with all my strength and stood a bit taller than Sokka.

I quickly touched my hair to find it was short and I had tattoos. Just wow, my mom would kill me.

I ran into the iceberg to see Katara trying to wake up Aang.

"Hey, where are you going?" Sokka asked as he followed me.

"I need to ask you something." Aang stumbled while I got on Appa.

"What?"

"Please, come closer." Aang said like he was dying.

"What is it?" Katara asked leaning in.

"Will you go penguin sliding with me?" The little Airbender asked with sudden energy.

"Uh, sure I guess." Katara replied in an unsure manner.

"Gyawa! What's going on here?" Aang asked as he got up with air bending.

I shrugged with a head tilt.

"You tell us, how'd you two get in the ice? And why aren't you frozen?" Sokka asked holding out his spear to poke Aang.

"Gyawa?" Aang asked looking at me and swiping Sokka's spear.

"I'm not sure. But I might have frozen us." I replied putting my hands threw my hair. Trying to play along.

Aang and everybody else there just looked at me like I was insane.

Aang then ran to Appa's face to wake him up. "Appa! Are you all alright? Wake up, buddy." Aang said opening his eye to only have him close it again then he tried to open his mouth, that didn't work too well either. "Haha, you're okay!" Appa groaned to Aang.

"What is that thing?" Sokka asked me rather than Aang.

"This is Appa, my flying bison." Aang replied.

"Right... and this is Katara, my flying sister," Sokka remarked with a tired face.

Just then Aang ducked to Appa sneezing, except for Sokka who got it all over himself.