Chapter Thirteen: The Deserter

"This should give us a good idea what's around here." Katara said, as we looked at a sign of the village just down the hill.

"See if you can find a menu, I'm starving." Sokko pouted.

"I bet we'll find something to eat here, the fire days festival. Fire Nation cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, musicians, this will be a great place for Gyawa to study some real fire benders!" Aang smiled, with excitement, pointing at a poster.

"I don't think it's the best idea, look at this." I disagreed, looking at the other side of the sign, showing a wanted posters of me.

"Hey a poster of you!" Aang said.

"A wanted poster of Gyawa. This is bad." Sokka warned the innocent Aang.

"I think we better keep moving."

"Gyawa has to learn fire bending at some point, and this could be Gyawa's only chance to watching masters up close." Aang was trying to make excuses so bad.

"I guess we could check it out." Katara said.

"Hey why are you dragging me into this? I will find a teacher, not circus freaks, who just know how to put on a show." I protested.

"I'm with the Avatar on this. You want to walk into a Fire Nation town, when they're all fired up with all they're you know fire."

"We'll wear disguises, and if it looks like trouble we'll leave." Katara completely ignoring the fact that I was the Avatar, and I didn't want to go.

"Yeah because we always leave before we get into trouble."

                                    ~*~

We went to the festival, we got new costumes, Aang still got us caught. Whatever that guys name was got us out and we got captured by Jeong Jeong's men. "Go on he sees you only." The guards said, to the man as we walked in the the little village they made.

  "Oh that's okay we can chat later." He waved, as he was being pushed over to the hut.

"Is that where Jeong Jeong is? I need to talk to him." I said, trying to follow him.

"No, you wait there. Go now!" The guard ordered, punching him more.

"Don't worry everything will be fine. His a great man. Great man." He reassured me, as he started walking over to the hut, while they took us to another one.

                                    ~*~

"What happened? Can I talk to him now?" I asked, as he came in, after awhile of waiting.

"He won't see you. He's very angry that I brought you here. He wants you to leave immediately." He replied, with no more cooky talk.

"Finally. Let's hit the road." Sokka sighed, as he picked his head out of the ground.

"Not yet. Why won't he see me?" I asked, standing up.

"He says you're not ready, he says you have not mastered Water Bending and Earth Bending yet."

"How does he know that?" Aang asked.

"He saw the way you walked into camp, he can tell."

"I'm going." I walked out with determination.

  I went over to Jeong Jeong's hut and didn't hesitate to walk in. "Get out." His rough voice said, not even looking at me.

"Master, I need to learn Fire Bending." I walked closer in, he had himself surrounded by candles, making the light very faint.