Chapter Three: The Avatar Has Returned

"Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar could stop them, but when the world needed her most she vanished. A hundred years have passed and my brother and I discovered the avatar, an Airbender named Gyawa. And although her Airbending skills are great she still has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Gyawa can save the world."

                                   ~*~

We all watched as Aang and Katara came back from that accident, the children were all excited Aang was back but the adults had a different approach.

"Aang what did you do?" I asked running up.

"He signaled the Fire Navy, didn't you?! You're leading them straight to us aren't you?!" Sokka pointing at the poor little Airbender.

"Aang didn't do anything, it was an accident." Katara said, trying to defend Aang.

"Yeah we were on a ship and there was this booby trap and well... we boobied right into it." Aang added as he scratched his bald head, all innocent-like.

"Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger!" Gran Gran argued.

"Don't blame Katara, I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang looked down in quilt.

"Aang... I think it's best if we leave. We've overstayed our welcome." I said bowing to Gran Gran.

"No, you can't leave! Don't you see Aang and Gyawa have brought us something we haven't had in a long time. Fun." Katara tried to convince the villagers.

"Fun?! We can't fight Firebenders with fun!" Sokka hissed back.

"You should try it sometime." Aang chirped.

"Get out of our village. Now!" The Water Tribe boy gritted through his teeth.

"I think Gyawa is right, I think it's best if the Avatar leaves." Gran Gran said nodding at me.

"Fine! Then I'm leaving too. Come Guys let's go." Katara shouted in a voice like she was about to break.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Sokka asked in a brotherly manner.

"To find a Waterbender. Gyawa is taking me to the North Pole." Katara replied as we started walking over to Appa.

"Katara, you sure about this? You should think this through." I said before I got on Appa.

"Katara, would you really choose them over your Tribe? Your own family?" Sokka asked making Katara stop.

"Katara, I don't want to come between you and your family."

"So you're leaving the South Pole? This is goodbye?" The Water Tribe girl asked in disappointment.

"I guess. Thanks for everything."

"And penguin sledding with me." Aang added.

"Where will ya'll go?"

"it's time we went home. Then we'll see if it's been a hundred years." I said before sitting down on Appa's saddle.

"It was nice meeting everyone!"

"Let's see your bison fly now, Air boy." Sokka mocked with his arms crossed.

"Come on Appa, you can do it. Yip yip." Aang ordered but he just groaned.

"Yeah I thought so." Sokka remarked before a little girl ran up with tears in her eyes.