Chapter Fourteen: The Siege of the North, Part 1

Now after Jeong Jeong's lessons, we went to the north. We had been flying for days when we finally found the Water Tribe. They gave us a feast and everything.

"Master Pakku, meet your newest student. The Avatar." The Chief said, as he and I stood in front of Master Pakku. Who wasn't impressed.

"Just because you're destined to save the world, don't expect any special treatment, girl. Even still we are making an exception by letting you learn Water Bending." He bickered.

"Well good, because me and my friend can't wait to start some bending." I grinned, putting my white, strong fists together.

"I doubt you'll have that attitude by morning. But still I'll see you both at sunrise. Goodnight."

                                     ~*~

The next morning, the same things happened. He didn't want to teach Katara because she was a girl. "Yeah, they're pathetic! Why are you teaching me then?!" I asked, as I agreed with Katara.

"Because you are the Avatar! Certain rules don't apply to you!" He trolled back as he sat on his ice chair.

"Well if you won't teach Katara than I won't learn from you!" I let out the rage.

"Well have fun teaching yourself, I'm sure you'll do a great job." Pakku remarked as I stomped off.

"You can't risk your training for me. You have to learn from master Pakku, even if he is a big jerk." Katara told me. I nodded and looked back at him.

"Why don't we get started then."

                                     ~*~

"You're moving the water around but you're not feeling the push and pull." Pakku explained to my water being completely unstable.

"I'm trying." I snarled back. I picked up water bending with Katara like nothing. But with this, I was getting pathetic.

"Maybe that move is too advanced for you. Why don't you try an easier one." As Pakku said, this I dropped the water down and hissed, as I shot flames from my fists in frustration.

                                     ~*~

"How's warrior training going?" Katara asked, Sokka as we all were getting ready to go to bed. Sokka just groaned and fell in his bed. "That bad?" Katara asked.

"No it's Princess Yue. I don't get it, one minute she wants to go out with me, and the next she's telling me to get lost. So how's water bending training?" Sokka asked making both of us groan and Katara fall onto her bed.

"'Master Pakku the wise won't teach her because she's a girl." I mocked, as I laid in my hay of a bed. I was going to suggest that I teach her but I was tired.

"Why don't you just teach her Gyawa." Sokka simply suggested.

"Why didn't I think of that?! At night you can teach me what ever move you learn from Master Pakku. That way you have someone to practice with and I get to learn Water Bending. Everyone happy!" Katara gasped, as she grabbed me.

"I'm not happy." Sokka remarked.

"But you're never happy. Come on Gyawa."

"He said this one is all about sinking and floating." I showed a move that took awhile for her to get.

"I got it!" Katara exclaimed, with excitement as she did it the move rather rough. However the water started to float fast and flawless.

"I don't think that was you." I groaned, as I looked up to see Master Pakku. He turned the water to him and formed it to ice as he threw it on the bridge he stood on.