Chapter12

Shawns POV

Today is a big day for me, Beyoncé too. It's her dad's funeral. They waited a very long time to arrange it but the day I have lowkey dreaded is here. I don't even know why bey wanted me to come, if I get caught out or recognised by anyone I'm going To jail! I guess I'm scared I'm finna get there and everyone will be like "oh there's the guy who kidnapped Beyoncé and killed her dad". My just don't want them to see me and turn against beyonce, or worst still, turn beyoncé on me.

I put on a black shirt and a black and white tie with triangles on it. I climbed into my black suit pants and some formal shoes. I finished up with my VVS cuff links and a jacket. After spraying some of the cologne Beyoncé loves so much, I went into the front room where bey was standing waiting for me. She had on a short, mid thigh length, skater dress and white stilettos. They mad her tall but still not as tall as me. Her hair was in messy loose curls and her makeup was light and smokey. As usual, she was looking fine. I walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"You ready love?" Our arms linked and she nodded. We walked out side and I opened the door to the range rover for her before getting in my side. I put my hand on her thigh and we drove off.

****
We pulled up out side the church and I bit my lip nervously. I squeezed Beyoncé's thigh and we looked at eachother.

"Bey I don't know if I can do this. Your mom will be there. What if she-" She put her finger on my lips and I got out of the car and opened the door for her like a gentlemen. I put an arm around her waist and we took our seats inside the church.

As people started to fill the seats around us I could tell by all the loud ass whispering, gasping, and muttering that they were talking about us. I could tell Beyoncé was getting pissed off because she started to go red and she clenched her fist. I held her tighter and closer to reassure her that everything was going I be okay. After some eye conversations, she loosened up a little and she relaxed. That was of course until Her mother showed up.

"BEYONCÉ GISELLE KNOWLES YOU HAVE THE DAMN NERVE."

Beys POV

I shut my eyes tight and turned to my left. There was my mother with her hand on her hip looking disgusted.

"I told you if I see him again I will report him. Why would you bring him here anyway?!" Luckily no one could really hear what she was saying as she was whispering. Shawn just kinda stood there looking out of place. I grabbed his hand and moved under his shoulder.

"Mom, I know you didn't want me near him, but like I said before, I love him. You banning me from seeing him isn't going to change that." Mamas eyes travelled from me to shawn. She gave him a bitter look and shook her head.

"No good. This boy is already turning you against me! I want him out of my sight. Either he goes voluntarily or I will have the pastor kick both of you out"

"But mama-"

"NOW BEYONCE!" I have shawn a sympathetic look and he smiled and nodded. He gave me a quick hug.

"I'll see you later Beyoncé. I love-"

"No you won't and no you don't." Mama spat.

"Always a pleasure, Miss Tina." He flashed her a smile and she snapped her fingers as if to say hurry up. He turned around to walk out but I grabbed him and pulled him into a passionate kiss. I made sure to give it everything to piss off my mom. He pulled away and smirked at me.

"I love you" he mouthed. I blushed and mouthed it back. With that, shawn walked out of the church. I sighed and moved a few spaces away from my mother, waiting for the service to begin.