13

Dear Jiwoo,
I can't do this. I am scared. I can't love someone without hurting them. Please understand this is going to be better for you in the long run. I am a monster. I can't love you the way you deserve.

Sincerely, Sooyoung.

I crumbled up the note and threw it in the trash in the corner of my room. How am I supposed to tell Jiwoo this? How am I supposed to do this? I sighed and grabbed my bag before heading out to school.

The only way I could possibly do this is by hurting her before things get serious. She can't like me. She can't see things the way they are for me. To her I am a perfect dancer, but that isn't it. She doesn't understand how it is for me. And I don't want her to.

"How's it going, muffin?" I heard Hyunjin say as she caught up to me in the halls.

"Not in the mood."

"Your mom again?"

"You guessed it," I sighed before heading the opposite way toward the staircase. Since it is outside, this is where all the stoner kids come to hang out during class.

"Yooooooo Sooyoung!" Chaeyoung laughed.

"Don't call me that please and thank you," I rolled my eyes.

"I can call you what I want."

"Whatever."

"Rough week?"

"You don't even know," I sighed. We all sat here in a group for the entirety of first period, laughing and just catching up. It felt nice not to worry about anything right now.

"We need to catch up again sometime, yeah?" Chaeyoung smiled while hugging me.

"Nice to see you Ms.Ha," the dance coach greeted.

I smiled as my greeting and turned the music on the bluetooth all the way up.