14

CHUU.

"JIWOO THERE IS AN EMERGENCY."

"Yerim what are you so loud for?" Heejin groaned.

"I saw your lover girl outside with the stoner kids."

"Seriously?" I sighed.

"Yeah. She was smoking too," Yerim said as she sat down in our lunch table. We weren't at the dance room today because Hyunjin told us Yves had to practice a new routine and didn't want any distractions.

"I doubt that."

"Jiwoo, believe what you want," she sighed.

"Don't get mad at her, it isn't a big deal," Heejin merged in.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"I'm just saying you should talk to her, don't get mad before knowing the whole story."

"You know how I get with drugs."

"It's not about you," she looked me in the eyes. I guess she was right, I'll probably talk to her about it later.

We all stayed in mostly silence throughout the lunch period, I couldn't get Yves out of my head. It's weird she didn't tell me about it.

I wanted to talk to her right now, but I knew she needed the time to practice her routine, she is the dance leader after all.

To: Yves<3
Hey! Can we talk? Are you busy?

From: Yves<3
Sure, come to the dance room. I just finished practicing a couple minutes ago. We can skip class if you want.

To: Yves<3
See you there!

"I have to go guys," I said while throwing my trash away.

"Going to talk to your lover?" Yerim teased.

I rolled my eyes and made my way to the dance room.

"Hey," I smiled. Yves was standing in front of the mirror, her hands on the bars.

"Hey, what did you need to talk about?" She replied.

"Yerim saw you smoking, apparently," I went straight to the point.

"Yeah? She should've said hi, then."

"You were actually smoking?"

"Yeah."

"Why? Do you know how gross that is?"

"Enlighten me on how gross it is, Jiwoo."

"It just is! It's drugs, Yves."

"I don't need a lecture from you."

"You need a lecture from someone, does your mom even know about it?"

"Yes."

"And she doesn't care? Seriously?"

"Stop talking about my mom."

"Why? You're mad now that I'm telling you how it is?"

"No. I'm mad that you assume everything is how you see it. You don't have a clue about my situation, yet you come in here acting like you do."

"Then tell me, Yves."

"It's not something I want to talk about. Maybe think about that next time before you come in here trying to tell me about how 'wrong' my decisions are," she said while grabbing her bag and making her way out of the room.

"Yves, tell me," I grabbed her wrist. She sighed and motioned with her head for me to follow her. We made our way to the parking lot and to her car.

We arrived to her house and made our way in in silence. She dropped her keys on the dining table and kept going to her room, I was still following her.

"Are you going to tell me?" I said while we were sat on her bed.

"Don't tell me about my choices, I know what I do and I know how it can affect me."

I nodded in response, urging her to continue.

"I can't love girls. It isn't in my nature, according to my mom."

"Yves, that isn't true. It is not wrong."

"What am I supposed to think when it is all my mom has drilled into my brain?"

"But she seemed so sweet last time I was here?"

"Not everything is how it seems, Jiwoo."

"So what are you saying?"

"What I'm saying is, we can't be together. We can't keep talking. I can't be around you."

"Are you actually serious right now?"

"Yes. It's going to be better for you in the long run, Jiwoo. I can't hurt you."

"Ms. Jiwoo!" I heard the professor say.

"Huh what?" I groaned.

"You fell asleep during our lecture, care to inform us on-"

Did I just dream this whole thing? I looked to my side and Yves wasn't there. She was sat in the front doodling, not even looking at me. I held a breath in and looked back up.

"I am sorry."

He rolled his eyes and continued with the lesson.

After class was over, all the students hurried out except for Yves and her friend, Hyunjin I think. She was making her way out as I was getting out as well and we bumped into each other, my books falling down.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry," she said as she leaned down to pick them up with me.

"It's fine."

"I'm Yves," she smiled at me.

"I'm Jiwoo," I smiled back.