7

To Do List:
- paint self-portrait
- sticky note collage
- sketch Jiwoo
- draw an outline
- paint the outline
- give the painting to Jiwoo

"Watcha doin'?" I heard behind my back. Turning around to see Gowon, I smiled and waved hello.

"I'm just planning something," I chuckled.

"Yeah? What for?"

"Someone."

"Do I know this someone?"

"Well you just met her yesterday. Her name is Jiwoo," jiwoo jiwoo jiwoo jiwoo.

"Oh, her?"

"Yeah, it sounds dumb, but I really want to do something special for her," I said. I looked toward Gowon and saw her sigh and roll her eyes. She sat down next to me and put her hand on my knee.

"I wouldn't if I were you," she sighed.

"Why?"

"Don't you see how close she is to Yerim? I wouldn't be shocked if they were secretly dating," she shrugged.

"Oh," I said before standing up at the same time as her. As we walked to our fifth period, she kept telling me stories of how she fell for a girl that was very close to her friend and how they ended up being together behind closed doors. She also mentioned how heartbroken she was and that she doesn't want to see the same thing happen to me. It can't right? I thought Jiwoo was at least a little bit interested in me.

I decided to skip fifth period after dropping Gowon off and made my way to the football field. Down under the bleachers, I sat and began to think of every moment in which I have been near Jiwoo and Yerim. They do seem really close, I understand they are best friends, but maybe it's more? I hope I'm just overthinking.

To: Hyunjin
"Hey. Need to talk to you. Bleachers?"

From: Hyunjin
"See you in like five minutes. My math teacher is being a dick and won't let me 'go to the bathroom' until this girl comes back."

I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding in. Maybe Hyunjin will help me understand, especially from a different perspective.

"Hey you," she said as she sat down next to me.

"Hey," I smiled.

"What's up Yves-bear?" she laughed.

"Don't call me that, loser. Gowon told me something and I just need to talk about it to someone."

She gestured for me to go on with my story and as I told her she had a confused look on her face.

"Gowon just met Jiwoo. There's no way she could 'tell' if her and Yerim were together. She's just trying to get in your head," she groaned.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she probably likes you. Maybe she sees Jiwoo as a threat," she shrugged.

"No way."

Hyunjin shrugged again right before getting up and going back to class, she couldn't take too long or else her math teacher would verbally fight her for taking too long.

Maybe Gowon was right, I guess it would be saving me the heartbreak of finding out the hard way.