10

Three days and over thirty messages from Yves. At this point I just muted her, it's just her repeating the same thing over again. I have history with her today and I don't think I've ever been so glad to have her sit away from me.

I walked inside the classroom and headed to my usual seat in the back next to the window. The bell was about to ring and there was no sign of her, maybe she isn't here today.

I had my head down and heard the chair next to me move. Please don't let it be her. I have been doing good deeds for the past 17 years of my life PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE HER WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS.

"Okay class, today we will be practicing for the final exam at the end of the year," I heard our teacher say. The class was filled with groans which did not let him continue.

"I'm going to keep it real with you, I had no lesson plan for today. Mainly we will just be having a lecture on the system of power in Europe," he finished.

Midway into the very boring lecture I heard Yves' pencil bag open and saw her pull out a pack of yellow sticky notes from the corner of my eye. Minutes later there was a sticky note stuck to my desk.

Can you please talk to me?

Is she serious right now? I looked at her and she gave me a pleading look with her eyes.

There's nothing to talk about

She sighed when I placed the note back on her desk.

Jiwoo how many times do I have to say I'm sorry?

Dude you're wasting your time. I don't want to talk to you.

I'm just sorry. Can you accept my apology?

Fine. Now let me pay attention please, you're distracting me

I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye after she read my final sentence on the packed sticky note. She folded it and put it in her bag. She's so weird, why does she even keep these notes?

Class ended and I quickly put my stuff away and walked out before Yves could catch up to me. Yerim said she was going to spend her lunch in the dance room, meaning I was obligated to come. So after the next period, you could guess where I was making my way to.

"Queen Jiwoo!" said Heejin as I walked in. I laughed and sat in the circle next to Yerim and Heejin. Hyunjin and Gowon were also here. A couple of minutes later, Haseul came in with Jinsoul and Yves. I ducked down to make sure Yves did not come near me.

"Hey guys!" said Yerim as she scooted to the side and Yves sat next to me.

BEST FRIEND OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO... anyone that isn't Yerim.

"Hey," Yves whispered.

"Hey," I looked at her. I haven't gotten a good look of her in a while, she's still beautiful as always.

JIWOO SHUT UP.

Google search: how do I get over a crush.

"So guys, let's talk about our love lives," said Gowon. The whole group groaned and urged her to continue.

"So, I like this one girl. She's really beautiful and is such a wonderful dancer," Gowon said while looking at Yves. I turned to look at her as well and she looked down.

"Whatever, you sap," said Yerim.

"That's enough," said Haseul.

"I brought us food today, but some of it is gone because my little sister really likes to bother me," Haseul continued.

"Yeojin is still at that bothering stage?" Hyunjin chuckled.

"Sadly."

We all ate and midway through Yves intertwined our hands under the sweater that was on her lap. She was playing with my fingers and I knew my face was as red as ever.

"I don't like her," she whispered in my ear. She gave me a reassuring look and I suddenly felt like everything was normal. At least it was for now.