12

"Um lets see... Strawberries or apples," she laughed.

"What kind of question is that? Strawberries of course," I answered.

"No way!"

"Yes! Yves, I'm sorry to break it to you, but strawberries are the superior fruit."

"I can't believe you," she said while sticking a bunch of fries in her mouth.

"Be careful you're going to choke," I laughed.

"I have cramps I can do what I want," she smiled at me.

We were sat in the benches at the back of the school instead of having lunch in the dance room with the other girls. I wasn't too comfortable since I know Gowon does not like me. But it's fine, if she says anything I know Yerim and Heejin will let me know.

"Hm what else is there to ask? Who are your best friends?" I asked.

"Hmm... Hyunjin and Jinsoul. Haseul and I are really close but not at a best friend level yet, you know? How about you?"

"Yes I get that, and Yerim and Heejin. I recently got super close to Heejin with Yerim and we love her so much," I smiled.

"She is! I know her because of Hyunjin."

"Yeah? When did you meet her?"

"I'm going to tell you something and you have to pinky swear you can't get jealous," she held her pinky out. I crossed our pinkies together as a promise.

"I liked Heejin about three years ago and was close to Hyunjin, who introduced me to Heejin," she sighed.

"OH MY GOD REALLY!"

"SHHH Jiwoo! Keep your voice DOWN!"

"Sorry! That's so wild," I chuckled.

"You're not mad right?"

"Of course not dummy, that was three years ago," I smiled at her, she's so silly sometimes. Why would I be mad at her for this?

"The bell is about to ring, want to skip?"

"Will I get caught?"

"No, our school does not care much," she smiled and held her hand out. I grabbed it and followed her as she led me to her car in the parking lot. It was small and black, but still cute. I don't know the name, I'm not too good with car names.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we were seated insides with our seatbelts (safety first, kids).

"Hm, let's go to the store and get snacks first. Then we can go to the drive-in or something."

"Drive-in? Those still exist?"

"Oh my gosh Jiwoo have you been under a rock," she gasped.

"No I swear," I laughed.

"Yes there is a drive-thru that plays music starting at 12 noon to 12 midnight, my uncle is friends with the owner so that is how I know about it. I'm there every Sunday night."

"Sounds fun! What movie is playing?"

"Guess we'll find out when we get there," she said while stroking my hand while her other arm was on the wheel. It is very safe because we are at a red light, don't worry.

YERIM P.O.V

"Haseul, I want to marry you this pasta is so good," I said.

"Haha you're too cute, where's Jiwoo and Yves?" she responded.

I saw Gowon roll her eyes in front of me, "Is there anything in your mind you want to share, Gowon?"

"It's not a big deal."

"We're all friends here," I shrugged.

"I am jealous of Jiwoo," she sighed.

"Why?"

"I am in love with Yves. It isn't even a like anymore, I actually think I love her."

"You know she has the feelings for Jiwoo right?" Heejin said.

"Yes, I just feel like she is so lucky. Why couldn't it have been me?"

I felt a little sympathy for her and did not want to fight her in this moment.

The bell rang and we all said our goodbyes, I pulled Gowon to the side.

"Why did you tell Yves that I was dating Jiwoo?" I said.

"Oh gosh I completely forgot about that. Listen, I am so so sorry. I am also so sorry to Jiwoo, but I want to apologize myself," she sighed. I saw her eyes get teary before she continued,

"I feel so awful about it, because I almost ruined their connection over my jealousy. Can you please forgive me?"

She sounded so sincere I couldn't help but hug her. She is a really sweet girl, I just don't understand why she would do this.

"We should all have a girls night out, a little girl's talk-night if you wanna call it that, yeah? You and Jiwoo could even get to know each other well," I smiled.

"I would really like that," she grinned back.

Time to text Jiwoo all of what just happened. I just hope she isn't mad about me forgiving Gowon.