chapter 8

It's been 3 months since Tre and I have been dating and we been having so much fun together. Drew has still been bothering me as usual. But I realized it wouldn't get better.
A couple of days after Tremaine and I date. Drew came over to discuss our divorce options. I was all ears because that's what I have been wanting for years.
This turned into a couple of shots and unplanned sex. I was so upset the next day after waking up realizing that I just put myself back in that same position I was in years ago. Now of course Drew doesn't want a divorce. I have been ignoring Drew's phone calls and text. Still not even sure how he even got my number. But whatever.
Lately Lacy been distant. I thought it's just because I have been spending an incredible amount of time with Tre and I also figured she didn't like that fact that Drew was back around.
I gave her, her space.

I prepped for my date with Tre. We we're going on a picnic and to see a movie. I enjoyed his company. I haven't had fun in some time now and he took my mind off of everything. Business has been slow for my photography so lately I have picked up flipping houses, rebuilding and decorating them. I had a degree in it and it was bringing home more than enough money and with Tre's lawyer abilities, I may be able to start my own business.

By this time of the year the heat was cooling down, preparing for fall months ahead. Autumn was my favorite season. I put on my cashmere sweater and some jeans and some ugg boots and sat and waited for my honey.
Then my phone rang.

"Hello" I said into the phone.
"Hey babe, meet me downstairs " Tre said into the phone. I said ok and headed out the door.

I went downstairs and was stopped by one of the neighbors named Charlie. She was a 5'1 girl brown skinned and very slim. She was very pretty, she had slight freckles on her face as well that showed in the sun light.
"Hey Ava, how are you? " she asked fondling with her mail.
"I'm great what about your self? Still working? " I asked her.
Charlie was a 22 year old who stripped she was in college for interior design and nursing as well. She told me her parents had died in an accident years ago and her father was her only source of money for school. So she did what she had to do to make it through to make them proud. She said once she was done paying school off she would leave that type of work alone. I don't agree with the business but she is determined to graduate I can only support her.
"Yes, I'm almost done though. Maybe I can come work for you sometime I graduate next week. " she said shyly.
I took her up on her offer and told her to meet with me Monday. I was all for mentoring young girls. She was only 6 years younger then myself. I exchanged numbers with Charlie and headed out the door.

"Dang took you long enough. " he said as he opened my door.
"I know I'm sorry I ran into a neighbor in the hall. " I said..
"Hey I have something to tell you. "
Tremaine said and I'm thinking what the hell now?
"I know we've only been dating for 3 months but you are important to me and I really want you to know everything about me and I want to know everything about you. " he said
I was worried as hell like what the hell could he possibly tell me? Would it fuck up my image of him?
"Ok, I have a five year old daughter named Kasey." He said.
I took a sigh of relief and smiled, it didn't bother me that he had a daughter after all my biological clock was ticking itself and I wanted kids of my own soon.
"Okay, it's not a big deal to me. I would like to meet her someday soon. " I said. He nodded and held my hand and kissed me on my forehead.

****
We pulled up to the park and parked and set out everything we needed for the date. After Tre set up I took a seat on the picnic blanket. Tre immediately dug into his food and I watched. I wasn't all that thrilled to eat. I drank a whole lot of wine last night and I was just not trying to overdue it, but I ate anyway.
"Im so happy I met you Ava. These last few months have been amazing and I'm even more glad that you have accepted my daughter."
"No problem and I feel the same as well I'm glad we met. "
"I've noticed you haven't been with Lacy much what's up with that? " he asked. Hell I wasn't so sure myself.
"She's just been giving me my time to be with you, we've been talking just as the same over the phone though. "
He nodded and said ok.
I missed my best friend and I wanted to pay her a little visit soon.