Chapter 4

I walked toward down toward the school gym getting ready to meet her after her class. I turned the corner and noticed her talking to some dude with short dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I rolled my eyes and walked toward them as he gave her a piece of paper. She smiled, and I saw her mouth the words 'Thank you'. She noticed me the minute I walked on the same floor, but she looked up at me finally making eye contact. Her eyes locked on mine as she smiled.

"Hi, Anthony." He leaned a bit closer to her.

"Hopefully, I'll see you there." He said quietly as if I wasn't gonna hear him. She nodded, and he walked away seeming to be uninterested of my presence. I nodded for her to follow me as I walked toward our US History class.

"You okay, Anthony?" She asked behind me.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." I said telling her the half truth. I felt her poke my back a few times, trying to get my attention. I slowed down and started walking beside her giving her my attention.

"You don't sound just tired."

"The beauty of being you." I mumbled, only for her to look at me confused.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I sighed.

"Nothing, Princess."

"It's not nothing and you know it. There's no use even pulling that shit with me." I glanced at her seeing she was just staring at me waiting to hear my real answer.

"Just some stuff on my mind."

"Like what? You can always talk to me, ya know?" Of course, I knew that, but that didn't mean I wanted to. "Is it family?" She asked as if she already knew.

"Yeah." My Aunt had been texting me that I was a bad influence on Sean and that I shouldn't be making my Uncles life more difficult than it is lately. It was like no one could see what he was doing or saying. It was if he could do no wrong and that's what sucks. Then, I'd turn into the bad guy for opposing him in the first place.

"I think you need to stay as far away from them as possible."

"You mean cut them off?" She shook her head.

"I would never tell you to do that. No matter how shitting they are, they are still family, Anthony. Especially your brother. He's not even a bad guy he's just been completely mislead. That doesn't mean you need to cut him out of your life."

"What if I want to?" She stopped walking as I realized we were outside our class.

"...Do you really want to do that?" She turned to look at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe." She sighed and shook her head.

"They are still your family, Anthony. You can't just cut them out because of this."

"Why not? You've witnessed everything they've done to me. Both mentally and physically. What's the problem with me giving up on them?" She looked at me like she was at lost for words. "Exactly." I rolled my eyes and started to head inside only to be stopped by her grabbing my arm.

"At least, don't give up on your brother, just yet."

"Even you had a slight argument with him the other day." She nodded.