The game

*** Adnan's P.O.V. ***

I was asleep when a ray on sun light coming from the window woke me up. I opened my eyes then quickly tried to shut them again, trying to cover my eyes with my hands. I took the blanket off and sat on the bed with my legs hanging out. I rubbed my face and messed with my hair, then I realized, where's Nicole? I remembered that I lost her and it wasn't a dream, my heart began to pounce and fear travelled through my body. I quickly got up and went to bathroom, I brushed my teeth then took a shower.

I was sitting on my bed drying my hair with a towel when Fellaini slowly came through the door.

“Hi Adnan, are you okay?" He begins to ask.

“Yeah, I'm okay," I lie as I give him a fake smile.

“It's been hours since we've been searching for Nicole, we couldn't find her, everyone thinks she's kidnapped..." Fellaini murmurs. I hold my head in my hands fighting back the tears. Fellaini tries to comfort me and gives me a bear hug.

“Come on Adnan, we've got game in an hour, we need to leave," Fellaini carries on to say.

“Okay, I'll meet you downstairs," I reply forcing a smile.

I finished drying my hair and put the towel back to where I found it from. I got changed into my track suit and put on my favourite red Nike shoes. I got my bag and dragged myself out of the room.

I seriously wasn't feeling it, I felt lifesless. I slowly walked down the corridor and into the lift, I stood there silently until it stopped at the lobby.

I forced myself to step out of the lift and made my way to the bus, I gave my bag to the guy and stepped on to the bus. I climbed the steps and stopped at the top, eveybody went silent and stared at me. I looked sadly to the ground and sat right at the back alone. I could hear whispers about someone coming to ask me how I was feeling but I didn't care. This whole trip has been a disaster and I shouldn't have brought Nicole with me in the first place.

The whole bus ride was quiet for me, many of my fellow team mates came to cheer me up but they failed miserably.

*** At the stadium ***

I quietly got changed and made my way out to the pitch. The crowd was screaming and the whole place was so lively, we quickly did the warm ups and headed back in.

Soon we came out again ready to play the match, it was Belgium vs. South Korea. We all stood in line and began to sing the national anthem, I didn't really know it so I just stood there. We all shook hands and began to get in formation.

The whistle went and the game began, I wasn't too much into the game so my performance was rubbish. The whole team knew and so did the coach, he took me off after the second half. I was really angry with myself for being so stupid and playing so bad. I glumly sat on the bench, looking around and going off into my own world.
The team had scored a goal but I didn't really care. I looked at the jumbo screen, I was shocked, my blood began to boil and anger took over, I couldn't believe my eyes.

( Author's note: Write in the comment to guess what Adnan saw and what will happen next! XP )