Chapter 13

"I told you to meet me here at nine!" Max exclaimed, leaning against his motorcycle with a half smirk half smile resting on his face. 

I got my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the time. "It's two past nine!" I responded in disbelief. 

"Exactly, you're late," he smirked. 

He held his hand out and I raised my eyebrow. He huffed and explained. "We're going for a drive and you need to give me your stuff unless you want to lose it."

My eyes widened. "Hell no. I am not going on that thing!" I protested, but he just nodded. "Oh yes we are. Come on, I'm a good driver."

I highly doubted that. 

Regardless, I gave him my bag and he put it in a compartment in his bike that I think was meant for helmets or something. Not that there was any in view. 

Surprise surprise. 

Max swung his long leg over the bike and put his sunglasses on. 

Right now he looked as the guy everyone excpected him to be.. The popuar bad boy who rode a motorcycle and wore leather jackets and was covered in tattoos. 

I rolled my eyes, pulled my dark hair into a ponytail and got on behind him. 

"Okay, now put your arms around my waist," Max said and when I didn't, he lifted my arms and did it for me. 

Then he took off, laughing when a small squeal escaped from my mouth. 

Okay, so it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be and after a while it actually became enjoyable. 

I was still a little concerned with the no helmets thing but I just found myself singing songs in my head to distract myself from that fact.

After about half an hour I realised we were going to the next town over, though I had no idea why. 

They had a beach and lots of nice cafe's but I doubt we were going swimming, even with the sun out. 

I found myself resting my head on Max's shoulder and relaxing, feeling much more comfortable than when we had first taken off. 

After another ten minutes of driving Max parked beside the beach, waiting for me to get off before he could. 

"Fun?" He asked, putting his sunglasses into the compartment with the rest of my stuff in it. 

We both took of our jackets and put it in the same compartment, then Max started walking towards a kind of booth. 

I walked with him and smiled broadly when I saw the sign that covered the booth. Paintball. 

I had come here a few years ago with Tessa, Olly and August and we had played paintball here. The best thing was that it wasn't played with the big guns, it was just water balloons filled with coloured paint and it was right on the beach. 

"Paintball?" I asked excitedly and Max nodded, matching my enthusiasm. 

Within half an hour we had our big, white onesie smocks they provided and we were given goggles. 

Considering it was Sunday we were the only ones there, so it would be very interesting. 

Max was starting from the opposite side of the course and when the announcer yelled go, I ran towards the middle of the course. 

It was kind of like a maze, with lots of obstacles and tall walls that you couldn't see over, but in here there were always multiple ways to go. 

I had my bag of paint balloons around my shoulder and I held it carefully while I crawled under a wall.