chapter 28- as the sun warms your face

We stay inside the Cornucopia for the rest of the night, hidden so that no one sees us and kills us in our sleep, I stay guard while Sonny sleeps, I jump at every sound I hear, my hand steadily on my loaded bow, I am so shaken by what happened to Astrid that I stay awake the hole night without getting even remotely tired, I suppose my adrenaline was pumping or something, but I felt as though there was danger and death surrounding me, at every turn, every where I looked, my stomach constantly in tight knots that just kept getting tighter, I felt like I was going to be sick, it felt like forever until the sun rose, finally I saw the soft glow on the horizon, relief and happiness fills me, I look over at Sonny, apart from a few dirt marks and scratches, she looks exactly the way she did on the morning of the games and the day of the reaping, I smile down at her and my gut squeezes as I hear what sounds a lot like someone's footstep, I look around frantically, what was that? the other boy from two jumps out before I can load my bow, without having to think about it I take a knife from my belt and throw it in his direction, it hits him in the shoulder and he stops for a split second to remove it, worst mistake he could have made, I have embedded another knife in his skull before he can look up, he falls down almost immediately, his head oozing red liquid, I shudder as walk over to him, his eyes are still wide open, saddness fills me, he probably had a family back at his district, someone wo loved him, maybe he even loved someone, the cannon fires, waking Sonny, I hear a small gasp from behind me, I turn and Sonny is sitting up in her sleeping bag, hand over mouth, "it's ok" I tell her, "you have to close his eyes" she states firmly, I look back at the boy, Mitchel, I think his name was, "ok" I reach my hand out shakily, I wipe my hand over his eyelids and they close surprisingly easily, I was expecting them to put up a fight, much like I did with their owner, we move on after that, three more cannons are fired that day, I guess the gamemakers are getting wrestless, we watch the dead tributes pop up on the screen, both from one, the boy from two; of course, when Astrid's picture show's up on the screen, my heart sinks, she's gone, that confirms it, and all of Panem watched her die, and finally the boy from eight, then I did the math, me Sonny and the boy from seven are the only ones left, oh no.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

hey guys! well, if you haven't already guessed, you probably have now, that's right, I'm starting the contest! this is the second last chapter of this book! :( So if you can't remember what the rules of the contest are go and read the chapter named THIS IS NOT A CHAPTER, you have three days to get your submissions in, if I don't update by then, I'll try to let you know why but I promise to do my best, so come on guys, get commenting messaging and all thating! good luck everyone! so I have decided that I am going to write a sequel, so you're welcome, that sounded like I'm really full of myself! any way the last thing I'm going to say is good luck.

Keeta

Xx