SHANE JEREMY JAMES ON THE IMPORTANCE OF SELF - AWARENESS

Shane Jeremy James On Self-Awareness

Becoming self-aware helps you learn more about yourself and what you're able to achieve or not achieve. There are many ways you can work on your self-awareness, but whatever you do can dramatically increase your chances of success.

Recognize your self-talk

A critical step in self-awareness is to listen to yourself. What's happening in your head? Is it negative thoughts that make you feel angry or sad? Or are you constantly finding the positive?

Practice: Take a few minutes each day to sit in silence and listen to your self-talk. Recognize what you're saying to yourself. Now, write down your thoughts and switch the negatives into positives.

I tell myself things like: This is a great day. This is going to be a really great day. "I respect and love myself!"

Repeat the affirmation(s) 3-5 times, focusing on the true meaning of each word.Ask Yourself The Right Questions

When you're asking questions, never ask yourself "Why?" But ask yourself "What?"

This concept created by the organizational psychologist , who learned most self-aware people are introspective thinkers on questions of what rather than why.

For example, when you're thinking of a time that caused you to feel angry, you might ask yourself, Why do I feel so angry?

Instead ask yourself, What are the situations that caused me to feel angry, and what do they have in common?