Chapter Eight

Another new character by MentalRetardedLlama, Victoria! Hope you like this chapter.

Chapter Eight: Let the Challenge Begin

"Glad to see you're finally coming around," a cool voice spoke. I blinked my eyes open. The light was causing me to squint. I looked around to see that I was in the oh so familiar hospital wing cot. What happened? I turned my head to see Draco sitting in the seat next to my cot. It was impossible to hide the confusion on my face. First of all, what was I doing here. Second of all, what was Draco doing here? I adjusted myself into a sitting position.

"What happened?" was the first thing I could ask.

"Well Snape told me to inform you that you received a failing grade on your awful potion first off. You were supposed to make a Dizziness Draught, yet yours was way too strong. It caused you to pass out for two whole days. But lucky for you, Weaslette also got a failing grade." Two days? He was joking right? I stared at him in confusion there was no way I was out that long. The potion situation though...now that was coming back to me. I think it was my fault too. Ginny and I were arguing over Harry when I accidently dropped the extra ingredients in. "You even missed the first challenge."

"I did?" I gasped. I was so interested to see how the games were going to be and was looking forward to the first one. Of course something like this would happen to me."What happened in the first challenge?" I asked curiously. Damn! I was so looking forward to seeing the first challenge and too see how everyone made out. The games don't happen too often.

"Well they each had to battle a dragon," he said slowly. Now that would have been interesting to see. I would have loved to have witnessed actual Dragons. I wanted to scream, how I could have missed it. "And then Potter died."

"What?!" I yelled, sitting up even more before I noticed the look on his face, a smirk was forming. "Wow Draco, you are just so funny." He then fell into a fit of laughter at himself. I should have expected that one.

"Yes, I know sadly Potter survived. Though there are two more chances left." He was actually laughing at his jokes which caused me to laugh. His hatred for Harry I'll never understand. Although Harry and I were in a fight, I didn't hate him. I know it's just jealousy because Draco wants to be the center of attention.

"I should not be laughing," I said and then began to stand up. "I can leave right?" I looked around but there was no sign of Madama Pomfrey or really anyone around at the moment. She probably was in her office.

"Yes and Snape also sent me here to tell you that once you wake up, you are no longer excused from any classes." I groaned. I would have loved to have taken a shower right now, but if my calculations were right today was a day of classes. "I have to return to Potions now. See you later Nyx." He then walked away. That was a strangely pleasant encounter with Draco. Usually our conversations would consist of him insulting me, but luckily instead he chose to insult someone else. Even if it was Harry. Although Harry currently did not like me at the moment, so I didn't feel too bad about it.

I began walking to my Transfigurations class. I realized I was just in time for the last five minutes of class. Couldn't complain about that I suppose. When I arrived to the classroom and pushed the door open, yet everything was already put away which was strange for McGonagall's class. She usually worked us until the very last minute. Everyone in the classs looked at me when I opened the door. As I entered I said, "Sorry Professor, I was in the Hospital Wing." I hated walking in from the front. I wish I could have just slipped into a seat or something.