Chapter-12

A few days after their first date, Alex and Tulip were standing in the backyard, No one was there at the mansion... They all were out to see the venue of the wedding, But Tulip had to stay at the mansion because of some important work and Alex stayed there with her.
"Why didn't you go with everyone? You don't want to see the venue of the wedding?"
"I want to, but since you were alone in the mansion, I didn't want to leave you alone".
Tulip stared at Alex, "Besides, we can go together some other day" he smiled.
"Fine..."
"By the way, maybe I will have to go to USA again and this time for even longer"
"Really?" She asked sadly.
"Yeah... I'm sorry... it's urgent..."
"That's bad..."
"I'm sorry..." he said apologetically.
"Hmm...I don't want you to go, but if its urgent...".
"You will let me go if its urgent?" he asked excitedly.
"Umm... wait! will you earn more money if you will go there?" She asked enthusiastically.
"Money?" He asked surprisingly.
"Yes!... money... will you?"
"Umm...maybe..."
"Oh! In that case you can go..."
"If I will go, will you not miss me?"
"Yes, I will"
"Then why are you letting me go?"
"Because...you will earn more money if you go"
"Only because of money?" he asked surprisingly.
"Yes... Since you are earning more money... I am okay with it" she replied.
Alex looked at her,
"So, money is more important than me uh?" He asked amusingly.
"No it's not like that, just the thing is that... money is very important for everything"
"No... I understand now, it's more important than me..."
"No!..." she exclaimed, "Nothing is more important than you.... but... money is still... quite important..." she said nervously.
Alex laughed, he came closer to Tulip, she stared at him.
Suddenly, he pulled her cheek gently,
"Ah...... my Greedy Doll..." he teased her.
"Oh...I am not greedy, actually I'm not as rich as you are... that's why I consider monehreally important... and You know what... if I would have been rich, I would also be as carefree as you are" she tried to explain herself.
"Oh...I see. So... why don't you marry me?" he asked excitedly.
"What?" she asked surprisingly.
"Yes, you will become rich if you marry me" he said.
Tulip looked at him in astonishment, then she nervously blinked her eyes a few times and sighed,
"Why would I marry you for money?"
"What?" he asked.
"I...I mean... if... I will marry you, why would I do it for... money?"
"Then... For what?" he asked excitedly.
"For... your looks and... because you are a nice person and..."
"And what?"
"I don't know..."
"You missed one thing"
"What?"
"Love..."
There was silence, her eyes widened, after a bout two minutes, she suddenly started to shake her head keeping her hands on her ears.
"Ohhhh... why?...why... I had to fall in love with such a guy....why?..." she mumbled, He looked awkwardly at her, "How come I started liking a guy like you?" Tulip continued.
"Why?... Am I...Am I such a bad guy?" he asked nervously.
"No, you are not bad... though... You are pervert and...".
"And?" he asked.
"But the problem is you look innocent and good and..."
"And?"
"And...and...... cute.... You look really cute... and you are handsome as well.... And you know what... the way you complement me is... amazing and incredible.... but still... I am not able to find out why... I started loving you..." she said confusingly. She stopped and took a deep breath, "Ah...I really don't know why" she said.

"I know why" he said suddenly.
"You do?"
"Yes... First of all, I have a pretty good reason to be pervert"
"Really? And what is that?" she asked.
"It's you, if a girl like you is someone's girlfriend, it is pretty normal to be pervert, else it would be the girlfriend's insult.... who here is ... you"
"Ahhh... again you have started your flattering talks. To how many girls have you said the same words?" she asked sarcastically.
"None..." he replied at once.
Tulip started staring at Alex.
"You know what, there is only one girl whom I have loved with all my heart and said these words to... her name is Tulip and my heart knows that... it's your wish whether you want to believe me or not"
"How can I believe you? Who will tell me that you are saying the truth?" she joked.
"My Heart" he replied immediately. "Your...heart?" she asked.
"Yes..." Alex smiled and pulled Tulip into a hug, "Can you listen to my heartbeats?" he asked.
"Yes..."
"Do they tell you that my heart belongs to you... it's totally in love with you... and so I'm I... And... its only you?" He asked.
"Yes..." she smiled,
"And one more thing... there is only one girl... whom I love and... my love for her has made her... fall in love with me" he said.
Tulip blushed, "Indeed..."
Alex smiled and hugged her tightly, kissing her hair.

"By the way... I wanted to ask you something..." he said.
"What is it?"
He smiled and suddenly, dropped down to one knee and pulled out a ring box,
"Ms. Tulip Fernandez, will you marry me?"
Tulip's eyes widened, There was a long stretch of silence between the two of them she continuously looked at him with that expression of surprise, Alex was certain that she won't reply that soon and he kept waiting, After ten minutes of deep thinking which felt like ten years, she finally replied,
"It will be an honour to marry you... Mr. Alex Jonas"
The serious expression in Alex's face changes into a huge grin, he held her hand and kissed her knuckles.
Suddenly, there were sounds of clapping from behind. Both Alex and Tulip were astonished. They tuned to look behind, and to their surprise, the whole family was standing... smiling and clapping... cheering...
"Great!" said Veronica cheering.
"Congratulations to both of you" Venesa and Skipper said smiling and clapping.
Mrs. Jonas came in front of them,
"I am proud of both of you" she said.
Alex looked at Tulip,
"Thank you so much Mrs. Jonas..." said Tulip blushing.
Alex smiled, "Thank you mom"
"So shall we have two marriages on the same day? I think both the brothers get married on the same day" asked Mrs. Peters smiling.
"That's a great idea!" Said Veronica.
"I am sorry to interrupt, but... I think that the wedding of Mr. Eric and Ms. Jenevive should be unique, different and... individual" Tulip said, "Right?" She asked looking at Alex.
"I agree with you Tulip, but I think we can announce our engagement on that day" Alex said smiling.
"That would be great" Mrs. Jonas Said and hugged both Alex and Tulip.