Chapter-13

A few days later, Tulip and Alex were sitting in Tulip's room, talking after dinner,
"So, my dear wife, how is the wedding preparation going on?" Alex asked.
"Umm... Alex... we've just got engaged, how am I your wife?" Tulip narrowed her eyes.
"Hmm...you are my fiancé, but... I will call you wife... my dear wife"
"Oh! Really? Okay... then how about I call you, husband?"
"Oh! that would be great..."
"Okay, my dear husband..." she laughed, "By the way, I am going to India, I have to attend an annual family get-together"
"Oh... is it necessary to go?"
"Hmm...it is very important because... I didn't go on the annual festival this year as well, so, I have to go"
"For how many days?"
"Fifteen"
"For that long?"
"Yes, but there is another thing I want to tell you".
"Now what else is left?" He asked sadly.
"No, listen to me first..."
"I am..."
"You are going with me!"
Alex stared at Tulip He was astonished to hear what she said,
"Hey! are you there... my dear husband?" she asked waving in front of Alex's face.
"Oh! Yeah...yeah. I am here..." he said suddenly coming into his senses.
"You heard what I said?"
"Oh! I...I....did not hear... properly... Can you repeat?" He asked nervously.
Tulip rolled her eyes, "I said... You are going to India... with me!"
"Really?"
"Yes... wait! Only if... you want to..."
"Oh! Ofcourse... I want to go... I... I definitely want to go with you and... I would be really happy, my dear wife" he said smiling.
Audrey smiled, "Perfect"
"When are we leaving?" he asked.
"When do you want to go... tomorrow?" she asked joking.
"Umm... I don't have any problem, no... How about today?...In fact, right now!" he said.
"Right now? How will we get the flight tickets?"
"I think you are forgetting that I have a private jet"
"Oh yeah, I remember... you told me"
"So, shall I tell them to prepare the jet?"
"No... no, we are not leaving today"
"Oh, then when are we going, tomorrow?"
"Day after tomorrow" she said.
"Oh, okay then I will tell them to prepare the jet"
"No...don't..."
"But why...my dear wife?"
"Actually...if we will go in a private jet, we will be treated like... celebrities at my house, I mean... I told my mom that you are rich but... this much rich..."
"Oh!... it's okay... you can tell them now, call them..."
"No, no... there also one more thing..."
"What?"
"My neighbors and... relatives will die out of jealousy if they will see me coming in a... private jet with my fiancé, I... hope you can understand"
Alex sighed, "Okay... So, what do you want me to do?"
"I...I mean... lets just book a flight..." Tulip said nervously.
"Hmm..okay, I will book it now, then"
"Yeah... the normal flight will be fine... and... economical" she said blinking her eyes.
"Yeah... business class will be good"
"Business class?" she screamed.
"Yes, why? what is the problem?"
"That is too expensive, Economy is good...I guess" she said.
Alex sighed, and then laughed looking at her,
"What? Why are you laughing?" she asked.
He gently grabbed her face,
"My dear wife, I am not in a habit of travelling in public airlines... plus... I guess... my legs are way too long to... fit in the economy class" he said smiling.
Audrey blinked her eyes and licked her lips in nervousness, "O...Okay... then just book the business class"
He smiled,

The day they were leaving for India, Venesa, Veronica Skipper, Eric and Jenevive were going to see Tulip and Alex off at the airport.
Alex was very happy, He wanted to spend more time with Tulip. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door of his room.
"Alex, are you there?" He smiled as he heard Tulip's voice and quickly opened the door,
"Of course my dear wife.... What makes you come here?" he asked.
It was Tulip, But she was not alone, Veronica was with her.
Veronica grinned as she heard him say, 'my dear wife' to Tulip,
"Oh! 'My-dear-wife'.... uh?" She said teasing, "I ...really liked it.... No, I loved it! You both are not even married, and you are calling her... My dear wife? That's great brother Alex" she made a thumbs up.
Tulip stared at Alex,
"Uh... I... didn't know that you are not alone, My dear wife...uh...In mean Tulip" Alex said stammering.
Tulip rolled her eyes.
"No, no, it's totally okay... You can call her with that name in front of me, I won't tell anyone..." Veronica winked.
"You shut up! Do you want me to have a fight with Tulip right on the day we are leaving for a vacation together?" Alex asked furiously.
"No... no, I just... Don't worry I am quite now" she said gesturing to zip her lips.

Soon, they were on the airport,
"Okay so, see you all after the vacation" Alex said smiling.
"Bye everyone..." said Tulip.
They waved at each other and Both of them started to move towards the entry gate.
After some time, they both were sitting in the flight.
"Are you uncomfortable?" Tulip asked Alex.
"What would I be?"
"Umm... because it's not a private jet..."
"Yeah it is a little uncomfortable... But it is okay..."
"I am really sorry"
"Hey... you don't need to be sorry" he hugged her, "You know what... when you are with me, everything is...so comfortable" he said looking into her eyes.
"Oh, if you were comfortable with me any case, then we would have travelled in the economy class" she joked,
He smiled, "I don't think that would have been comfortable enough..." he said, "But there is one thing you should be sorry of..."
"What is it?" She asked.
"Its that you are not calling me 'dear husband' and I am not liking it... my dear wife" he said.
Tulip smiled. "Okay, my dear husband, I'm really sorry, I will surely call you by this name only from now... Is it okay?" she asked.
"Yes!" He said held her hand.
The plane was about to take off, The air hostesses were telling about the security basics.
"Ah.... they are so gorgeous in the private jet" Alex said.
"What?" Tulip asked.
"Yes, I mean the airhostesses... They are really beautiful in the private jet. That's why I like going in the private jet"
She stared at him, "So, that is why you like to go in the private jet?" she asked furiously.
When Alex realized what he had said, he made a weird face and blinked his eyes nervously,
"Uh... No, no, actually...actually, I meant that I go in the private jet mainly for comfort... but beautiful airhostesses are also an advantage I get".
"Hmm...advantage uh?"  she said sarcastically.
"No...no, I mean.."
"You don't need to give me any further explanations I understood what you meant" she rolled her eyes.
Alex sighed.
"Are you angry with me?" he asked. Tulip didn't say anything and stared at him, "I...I am really sorry... please don't be angry with me... my dear wife" he said apologizing.
"Why don't you go with those air hostesses from next time?"
"No!... no... I'm really sorry... my dear wife..." he said apologising holding her arm.
Tulip shocked her head, "Don't talk to me!"
"Oh God... please don't say that... please... I'm sorry..." he said really feeling very sorry, "I... I was just joking ... really... I feel like I'm the luckiest that I'm going on a vacation with the love of my life ... please don't be angry with me"
She stared at him, "You really feel so bad?"
"Yes I do!... I'm... im really... sorry..." he said and hugged her tightly.
She smiled, "Okay..." she said.
He came closer to her and leaned in to kiss her, But suddenly she pushed him away,
"What are you doing? We are in a plane!... a private plane, other people are also here..." she scolding him.
"Oh come on! I wish we would've been in the jet... we don't get privacy here..." he said complaining.
"So, you get privacy in a private jet?"
"Yes... that's why it's a... 'private jet'.."
She laughed, "Okay..."

After some time, Alex woke up and realized that there was announcement going on regarding the plane about to reach India.
"Hey...my dear wife, we are about to reach, wake up dear" he said trying to wake Tulip up.
She woke up and looked at him,
"We are already about to reach?" she asked.
"Yes, we are almost there"
"What is this get together about?"
"This is an annual get together. I don't know the actual reason but there is a tradition in our family to organise this from a long time.. like since I was young, I never really asked reason why it's organised"
"Hmm...I see. So, is everyone invited in this event?"
"Yes, almost... all the neighbors and relatives come, There will be a large gathering" she said.