NINE

WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE!

We walk hand in hand into the living room to see my father sitting on the couch while two of his 'henchmen' stand around the room. I'm sure he has a few more outside. He never leaves anywhere without at least six of them.

 As soon as he makes eye contact with me he stand, "Grace." "Father" I pause trying to stay emotionless towards him. "To what do i owe this pleasure" I ask fighting all the emotions swirling through me. Instantly my father face turns red with anger. I lean into Chaz for comfort and he obliges with a squeeze of the hand. "Don't use that tone with me Grace. I heard your married." What tone? I'm pretty sure I said it as normal as possible.

 "Yes. As a matter of fact you are about  fours to late for the ceremony" I snap back. "Since you are being so unreasonable" he grits out and turns his attention to Chaz. "My name is Arthur Vander. I ask the you have an annulment of this scandal of a marriage. Grace is engaged to be married to Victor Cummings in a week." Before Chaz could respond he continues, "Im willing to pay." My face turns red in anger. I cant believe this.

Then it hits me. Will he take the money and go through with the annulment. Will he break his promise of getting through this together? If he does I can only imagine the punishments of running away. I fight the tears trying to keep them at bay. I can't let my father see he is getting to me. Prove to him that he is wrong about me being weak.

"Grace go up stairs. Let me talk to him" Chaz tells me breaking me out of my thoughts. "What!" I say in rage. "Beth!" Chaz shouts. Beth comes in, "Take her up stairs now." Beth  gives me a sad look and goes to lead me away, but i go around her and run outside. Beth calls me, but gives up as I pick up my speed.

 What happened to handling this together. My father mentions money and Chaz has me leave. Was is his plan? I run into the field. I hear footsteps behind me but ignore them and continue running. After I loose all energy from running i collapse to me knees. I put my face in my hands and let the tears fall.

"Thought you would win didn't you?" I hear behind me. I whip around and there stood Victor Cummings. Ive only ever saw a picture of him. "What the hell are you doing here?" I scoot back a couple more feet away from him when I realize how close he is.

"I came along after I heard news of my fiance apparently got married to another man" he grits out as he clenches and unclenches his fists repeatedly. "I was never your fiance! Is this some cruel joke for you and my father?" I yell at him as he takes a step closer. "Your father has signed a contract that if you marry me I will get half his shares of the company. He also wants my companies business, so its a win win."

 "Definitely not a win win. I will never marry you. Plus i cant. I married" I tell him making sure he hears the sarcasm. He walks forward and grabs a hand full of my hair. "You bitch! If I found out you slept with him, I will make you pay dearly! This so called marriage you have will be annulled" He tells me in my ear. 

I have to angle my head up to look into Victors face. What i said next i knew would only piss him off further but i was done being pushed around. "Of course I did he is my husband after all " i pause as he tightens his grab on my hair, "and  oh he was so amazing. More of a man then you'll ever be" I tell him. 

Instantly he is full of rage and with his hand in my hair he flings me the ground. "You will not win! You will get an annulment. You will be my wife! You will pay for all this trouble you have caused!" He towers over me. Before i could move away Victors fist meets my cheek. I fall back to the ground. "You will wish you never pulled this stunt. You cried from your fathers punishments, just wait for mine. You will be begging me to stop" he says before another one lands on the side of my head. As everything beings to turn black I feel a pain in my stomach and leg. "You will be mine. He would never want a weak whore like you!"