Chapter 36

Namjoon's words bounced throughout my head. I was so absorbed into my thoughts I didn't see the crew of the haunted house come out and hold up signs saying "Say Yes!" or "I do!" When I finally saw them, my legs gave out beneath me.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Namjoon asked worriedly.

I tried wiping away the persistent tears roaming across my face, "Yeah, I'm okay... Namjoon, how long did it take you to plan this?"

"Eh, not long. Brilliant mind like mine made it up pretty quick."

"I meant... the people.." I said shyly.

"Oh, well, I got them a couple months ago." Namjoon replied with a smile as he looked down at me.

"But a couple months ago... That was Chulwoo's wedding."

"Sweetheart, it's taken you this long to put the pieces together?" A familiar voice rang out. I quickly stood in disbelief.

"H... Hosung?"

"Yes, sweetheart. We're all here." Hosung said after taking off his ski mask. The other members quickly followed suit and the former gang Young Threats stood before me.

"Now, this isn't about us. Pay attention to the man before you." Jaejoon said, nodding his head to Namjoon. I nodded and looked at Namjoon on one knee.

"Hey. Do I get an answer yet?" He asked smugly.

"What was the question again?" I teased.

"Ha, you're funny." Namjoon said before opening the small box again and looked me dead in the eyes, "Y/N, will you marry me?"

Hot tears started streaming down my face again and I nodded, "Yes, Namjoon. It's about time."

He chuckled and pulled me into a warm embrace, "Babe, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Hey," Jungwook interrupted, "This is great and all but can you, like, put the ring on her so I can eat?"

I laughed and gave my hand to Namjoon. He gently slipped the ring on (choose one from up top) and I took the chance to tease him further.

"I'm surprised you didn't break it."

He just scoffed pulled back to let me admire the piece of work on my finger. I suddenly pulled away and wrapped my arms around Namjoon's neck. I pressed my lips against his and he quickly responded by pushing his tongue into my mouth. My hands rose up to his hair and I began twisting his locks around my fingers.

Namjoon broke the kiss for air and I smiled before resting my head against his shoulder. The audience "Aw"ed and we quickly made our exit. I said goodbye to the scary crew and let Namjoon drag me home.

When we arrived, Seokjin was quick to approach us, "What's it like to be secretly engaged?"

I laughed and slapped his arm; Namjoon began getting protective and pulled me away.

"Namjoon, what's wrong?" I asked, placing my hands against his firm chest. He placed his big hands on my smaller ones.

"I'm sorry, I just... I don't want you to like anyone else..."

"Namjoon!" I smiled, "I flirt without realizing it. Plus, I'm just one of those people!" He laughed lightly at my comment and we sat down on his bed.

Namjoon pecked my forehead and I giggled.

"Yah. Keep it down. Can a guy not sleep in peace?" A raspy, tired voice said from the other side of the room. I looked and saw Yoongi ready to launch his pillows on us. I quickly raised my palms up, signifying peace.

"Yoongi, please. I just got engaged." Namjoon complained. Yoongi slowly lowered the pillow and laid back down.

"Ah, wanna take this somewhere else?" Namjoon whispered and I nodded. He picked me up bridal-style and carried me to the couch.

He sat me on top of him to where I was straddling his waist, "Don't think I'm tryna make a move on you."

I giggled slightly and moved a bit to be more comfortable.

"Ah, don't move around too much." Namjoon said between hisses. I slapped his chest playfully and he smirked at me.

"I'm serious. Move too much and I might do something unintentional." He added and I pecked his lips. I felt him smile when I pressed my lips against him.

I couldn't help but smile as I pulled away. Namjoon pulled himself up enough to be face-to-face with me and I booped his nose.

"Did you just...?" He asked in amazement.

"No."

"But.."

"You're going crazy."

I smiled and got up to turn in a movie. As I was putting the DVD in, I heard banging in the room next to the living room.

"Ah... I think Taekook has finally sailed." Namjoon said teasingly. I smiled at him and pressed my ear against the wall hoping to make out a conversation.

Sadly, I couldn't make out words and I gave up as the movie started playing.

"Y/N... What movie are we watching?" Namjoon asked cautiously.

"The Mummy!" (If you haven't seen it, leave and return when you know who Imotep is.)

As the movie began playing, Namjoon didn't even have to watch the movie because I knew all of the lines and acted out each scene.

However, when the scene with the scarab beetles crawling up their skin came on, I held onto Namjoon for dear life. I felt him laugh at my childishness and held him tighter as the beetle crawled up to the man's face. I cowered up to Namjoon's lap when the screaming intensified. He held me tightly and I fell asleep in his warm arms.

~Namjoon's P.O.V.~

I felt Y/N fall asleep in my arms and I gently carried her to my bed. I made sure she was warm and asleep before I left to take a shower. I stepped into the bathroom and saw Hoseok in the tub. I knocked on the sink counter lightly.

"Hey, you good?" I asked. He looked up at me and I saw his puffy eyes, "Who made you cry? Where are they? I will murder them."

Hoseok chuckled lightly and leaned back before sighing.

"You don't have to. I just feel alone, that's all." He replied and I sat on the toilet seat next to him.

"How so?" I asked, honestly curious.

"All of you guys are finding girls and I'm... not.."

I hugged his wet body and whispered in his ear, "Hoseok, you are never alone. You hear me? Us getting girlfriends will never make us leave you. I want you to remember that if you ever have another bad day, talk to me or Yoongi."

He nodded and I helped him stand.

"Sorry, Hobi, I need you out to take a shower." He laughed and left to go to sleep.

When I finished taking a shower, I did a quick check on everyone. I checked on Jungkook and Taehyung first. They were asleep on the floor in front of video games; I turned off the T.V. and lights before leaving. Next was Hoseok and Jimin, they were asleep in their beds and I smiled before leaving to check up on Jin. He, however, wasn't asleep and I watched him as he read his book with such intensity. I quietly left and walked to my bed with a sleeping Y/N in it.

Once I laid down, I pulled Y/N's back into my chest and fell asleep listening to her breaths.