Chapter 7

I wake up at midnight.

Then at 2 a.m.

Then 4 a.m.

Then 6.

I give up...

I go to get ready before everyone else. Or I though I was. I walk to get breakfast in the hotel and see three familiar figures. I squint to make them out.

"Y/N!" Serena whisper-shouts.

"Could you not sleep either?" Layla asks me.

"We've been so nervous for today." Chloe adds.

I hear a thump and turn around to see Amia, Yazmin, and Mackenzie coming to join us.

"Guess we're all super worried!" Amia says with a smile.

We talk for a little while to calm our nerves down and go back to get ready.

I turn on my phone to see when we go on.

Noon. Perfect.

"We're leaving at ten!" I yell to my group.

Layla walks over to me and hugs me.

"We're gonna be great." she whispers.

"I know."

Suddenly, Chloe shouts, "GROUP HUG!!" And I'm being smothered by everyone packed together.

"Alright, break it up. Break it up." Serena says.

I'm gonna have to thank her later.

                     ~ Chloe's P.O.V.~
We arrive at the stage where we'll be auditioning in two hours.

Y/N makes us stretch and do a quick run through so we're warmed up and ready.

We sit down and watch the competitors.

I notice there's a lot of magicians going on. A lot. Only a couple were accepted.

I look at Y/N to see her reaction to the magicians when I notice her behaving like Jungkook before he passed out. She was laying on the floor, hands above her head, chest heaving quickly, and her eyes closed.

I've never seen her like this before.

"Y/N," I say as I lightly shake her, "we're on next."

She jolts upright and thanks me.

"You're welcome," I say, concerned for her, "you good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... nervous."

We get called and we walk on stage. We had dressed casual so we got strange looks from the judges.

Howie leans into his microphone, "Good afternoon."

"Good afternoon." we all say as we bow.

We get some laughs from the crowd which provokes Mel B to ask, "What are you guys doing for us today?"

Mackenzie jumps into the conversation, "Singing and dancing!"

I notice Y/N slip behind the group and hold her hands together tightly. I see them shaking like crazy.

I walk to her and whisper, "You lied; you're not okay. How long has this been happening?"

"Counting today, three days." she looks at me with pleading eyes.

"I won't tell. I promise." I say to reassure her.

"Show us what you got!" Mel B says, pulling me back into the conversation; we get into positions.

The song starts and we dance and sing our hearts out. I could feel the music control me and I noticed everyone else seemed like that too. We end perfectly and look at the judges. I can't tell if they're shocked or scared; I don't have time to. Y/N crouches to the ground, using her hand to steady herself. I slowly walk to her and keep my eye on her as Mackenzie talks. Suddenly, Simon asks, "Who's the leader here?"

I pull Y/N up and walk with her to the front of the stage. I step back as Simon talks to her.

"You all sang amazingly and danced fantastically." he starts, " I appreciate you giving us a copy of the translated lyrics; that was very nice. I can tell you all felt the song. The energy was non-stop, I love that. How long did this take to perfect?"

"Around two weeks." Y/N answers.

All of the judges look at us shocked.

"No way! You guys must be from a different planet!" Howie laughs.

Mel B stares at Y/N and says, "I'd give you a golden buzzer but I want to see more of you!"

As if on cue, the crowd chants "Hit that gold!"

                       ~Y/N's P.O.V.~
Mel B's words startle me.

Golden buzzer?

"What's your name?" she asks.

My name? What's my name? Someone tell me my name!

Chloe appears behind me and says, "Y/N."

Y/N! That's my name!

"Y/N." I say, laughing at myself.

"Well, Y/N, today you are my golden buzzer!" she yells as she leans and hits the buzzer.

I collapse in tears and feel my group huddle around me.

Everything else happens so fast. She walks on to the stage to hug me and all of the group.

"You guys are amazing," she says, "It would've taken me decades to figure out what you just did."

We laugh and walk offstage. I fall back and hold my head as I lean against a wall. I open my eyes a couple times and watch as the world blacks out.

Am I dehydrated?

I can't figure out before I fall to the floor. I can hear my group run to me but eventually everything fades out.