❧ ⦅09⦆ Unknown

❧ Edited: 09/24/18⦅Miho's POV⦆

❧ Edited: 09/24/18
⦅Miho's POV⦆

I felt my breath hitch and I instantaneously snapped out of it once the image had faded away in a blink of an eye-it was like as if it evaporated into thin air. I profusely blinked, utterly perplexed by what I just saw. 'T-The hell was that?'

I gently shook my head with a heave of a sigh as I ran a hand through my long and velvety locks of auburn hair. I drifted my gaze down to the wooden floor in thought, letting a small frown grow on my face.

I felt my eyelids lower with a purse of my lips as I then stood up from the couch and made my way over to the bookshelf to grab myself a book, hoping that reading a nice book would keep me well occupied.

But before I did, I went to the kitchen to have a glass of water to quench my thirst, then after that I headed back to the living room and sat back down on the couch with a book that I have yet to finish reading.

I flipped it open to the page I last left, my fingers drawing an imaginary vertical line down the corner of the glossy, pearl white paper and took a small whiff of its distinct smell of ink, since it's actually new.

In a matter of hours, I had already finished reading the last three hundred and ninety-four pages of the book. By now, I assumed it was around five in the morning-which caught me into a bit of a surprise, realizing how much time had passed.

I figured that it would be most likely ideal to go to bed now, since I was also feeling rather drowsy and all, and I still have things to do later in the afternoon.

And with that said, I did so.

-

I had woken up before the clock struck ten in the morning, but I didn't really bother to complain on only getting five hours of sleep since what good would it make.

Here I was, currently changing into a black graphic tee and a pair of denim jeans. I tied my hair into a ponytail, letting a few loose strands cascade down the corners of my face. Then I sprayed a decent amount of a mixed scent of jasmine, tuberose and rangoon creeper perfume on my neck and body.

I didn't really bother to put on light make-up since I wasn't in the mood to, and that I was too lazy anyway. With that, I grabbed my purse and checked if I had everything before leaving my room.

I walked over to the shoe rack and grabbed a pair of black ankle length boots and tied the laces. While doing so, I heard a sudden knock on the door.

I opened the door by a few inches, peeping through the gap and saw a certain indigo haired male standing there. I then lifted an eyebrow, confused with his presence.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I opened the door wider and placed a hand on my right hip. He stepped inside, making his way to the couch and sat down.

"I didn't say you could come in, did I?" I folded my arms and glared at him.

He nonchalantly shrugged. "Are you going somewhere?" he asked me, noticing that I was dressed up and all.

"Yeah, I am." I answered. "I'm going to the convenience store to buy more coffee, then to the libra-" I stopped talking when I heard my phone ding, indicating that I've got a new message.

I then reached for the front pocket of my jeans and took my phone out. 'One new message(s) from unknown.' it read on the screen. I unlocked my phone, curious as to who and what this 'unknown' person wants from me-it could possibly just be a wrong number though, hopefully.

Unknown: Hello? Is this Miho Shimaharo?

I knitted my eyebrows together. How does this person know my full name? My eyes then widened. Hold on, this could possibly be the CCG trying to track me down-but then again, there's no way they know my name, nor my number in general. Still, I was rather hesitant on replying to this person, it could lead to terrible causes.

"Is there...something wrong?" I then heard Ayato ask which made me snap out of my thoughts.

I blinked a few times and shook my head. "No, there's nothing wrong, it's just-" Then again, I was cut off by my phone ringing.

I instantaneously looked back down at the screen, my eyes widening when I saw that the unknown person was calling me. I felt my heart start to race, thumping against my chest as I contemplated on whether or not I should pick it up or just leave it be.

I don't have a single clue whatsoever who this is, which makes matters even worse. It could possibly be the CCG or someone that I know of. And if it is the CCG and if I do pick it up, they could track me down easily-and that's the last thing I want. But I can always move to another ward, right?

"Is something troubling you? You look a bit stiff." Ayato then spoke again.

I breathed out a heavy sigh and pressed my lips into a thin line. "I told you, it's nothing really." I responded, showing a forced and brief smile.

"If you say so." he nonchalantly said.

I made my final decision: I won't respond nor answer the unknown person's calls or messages, but probably blocking the person would be more ideal. That way, I can ensure that I won't be troubled by an terrible causes I could possibly imagine.

I heaved out another sigh and blocked the number then turned my phone off, tucking it back inside the front pocket of my jeans.

"Who was that calling you?" I turned to look at the indigo haired male with a stern look on my face. "Nobody that should concern you in any way, thank you." I said whilst reaching for the apartment keys that was on top of a shelf by the door.

He hummed. "Why didn't you answer it?"

I scowled in utter irritation. "For God's sake, Ayato! It's none of your business, so could you please stop pestering me since I'd very much appreciate that!" I furiously yelled at him, which seemed to have shocked him a tad.

I bit my bottom lip and swallowed a lump in my throat. I averted my gaze down the wooden floor, feeling a tad humiliated for abruptly lashing out like that. I regained my composure and heaved out a sharp breath.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized with a gentle shake of my head. "I shouldn't have said that." I uttered sheepishly.

He folded his arms and darted his eyes to the corner of the room. "You wouldn't be sorry if it weren't for your hot head. You really should learn to control yourself."

I glared at him, my mood instantaneously changing in a snap of a finger. "Yeah right, says a hot head himself." I refrained from rolling my eyes at him.

"Geez, your mood swings are faster than a bullet." Ayato snickered, earning another deathly glare from me. He then covered his mouth and forced out cough, averting his gaze away from mine.

"Anyway, I'm off." I said and turned the door knob, pulling it open. "Oh, by the way, I'd very much appreciate it if the apartment is still in good condition when I get back."

"So it would be best to keep that in mind, Ayato." I gave him a stern look.

He then stood up. "That won't be necessary, because I've decided that I'll be going with you. There's nothing better to do here."

I sighed. "Oh, alright."

❧ End of ⦅09⦆ Unknown

Authors Note: Oh, don't mind me, I'm just casually stirring a huge pot of drama with a pinch of salt and petals of red roses-and it's thorns, of course, with a sly and devious grin plastered on my face.

Nufufufu~ ψ(`∇')ψ