-17-

"I am going to miss Aquasky," I claimed grimly as I glanced at the little shop from the window of the café I was in with Nixon, Kaitlyn and Ian. Like every other day around one or two, the shop closes so that we could get our lunch break. Coincidentally, Nixon had his lunch break too, but I personally believed that it wasn't a coincidence and that he had something to do with this convenience of time.

"I'm going to miss you," said Ian, looking at me pointedly as he stabbed at his sandwich. "I'm always sad when summer ends because you two will be gone to do whatever you guys do these days. And seriously, Kaia, you're volunteering abroad."

"You could've came with us," I quirked an eyebrow at my cousin. Through July, Nixon and I planned out a few weeks volunteering program in Greece, and to say I was excited was an understatement. After we come back, we will begin looking for jobs, but that's tentative and should be saved for after our program is over.

We had asked Kaitlyn and Ian if they would like to join us, but Kaitlyn claimed that she should really go look for a job, especially since she was a few years older, and Ian said he had to take care of the shop, even if business was slow in the winter.

I looked up and caught Nixon's eye. The Asian boy had cut his hair in the middle of July, but I couldn't care less about what he does. He looks extremely attractive either way.

Kaitlyn groaned. "Enough about that! Have you guys seen that one guy that comes to the beach like every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday? He is so hot."

"You're going to have to be more specific than that," Nixon smirked, as if he knew exactly who he is. Perhaps he did because if the boy was here often, he was most likely a surfing student.

"I thought that was oddly specific," I shuddered. "My sister is literally becoming a stalker."

My sister rolled her eyes at that comment before turning her attention to my boyfriend. "What's his name anyway?"

So he did know him.

"Brendan." Nixon then laughed. "I don't think you even want to try getting his number. He's a troubled one, that kid. And I think he's younger than you."

"Puberty has done him well," Kaitlyn commented, and I scrunched my face up to show her my disgust towards her words.

It was slightly odd to see my sister gushing about boys again, even though it was quite common before she met Marcus. Speaking of Marcus, my hunch was correct. As week after the day we spoke, we heard from some neighborhood gossip that he left for Europe, which made me slightly jealous even though I flying to Greece tomorrow.

I sighed at the thought of Marcus before my thoughts drifted towards Lincoln. I saw him a few times, often around Nixon's ex-girlfriend, and he looked fine, but like Marcus said, he could be hiding a million emotions behind one smile. I wanted to check up on him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I could just hope that he had listened to me and is recovering from Riley like I was.

"Hey, Nixon. Don't you have his number?" Kaitlyn then asked, quirking an eyebrow at my boyfriend, whose head lifted from his food. "For surfing."

"I'm not allowed to divulge personal information like that," Nixon said immediately, taking a sip of the drink he had ordered. "My apologies."

Kaitlyn looked slightly disappointed. "Okay."

"Are you okay?" Nixon then turned his attention onto me and my reverie was erased completely. "You seemed a little lost in thought."

I pressed my lips together in a thin line. "I was just thinking about Marcus and Lincoln and how they're doing right now," I admitted. Despite Marcus resulting in Kaitlyn's misery and Lincoln neglecting my best friend, I still couldn't help but feel bad for both of them. They were just as human as Kaitlyn and Riley, and they have their own troubles too.