Chapter Five

Two years and eleven months later...

I can't do it! You can, Liz, there is only one more month. But, we lost again, I need to help them! One month. Fine!

Fairy Tail came in dead last again since the GMG started. Sabertooth won, no surprise. Since my cell mate escaped, I didn't get another one. Jellal became a part of this independent guild called, Crime Sorciere. They disband dark guilds. They have the guild title because they are all escaped convicts.

Nadu descends next to my cell. He greets me and sticks his staff through my cell wall, shocking me. I take the pain, grunting every so often. He pushes a food tray into my cell and leaves. I eat and do some push ups to pass time.

~

I wake up to my cell opening. Two guards walk in and place cuffs on me and drag me to see the council. The large doors open. I am forced into a kneeling position. I lower my head and look down.

"So, Green Blaze, we are going to let you out early for good behavior..." The man trails off. I wait. "We were wondering if you could find Liz Deathwalker for us. We need her help."

"She's right in front of you." I mumble.

"Wait. You're Liz Deathwalker?" The man asks. I nod. The man gulps. "Well, we need your help. We want you to go find your guild. They-" I cut him off.

"They are dead." I mumble. "I have lost hope. My brother was my hope, he's gone now. Thanks for letting me out early." I shake my hands and the cuffs fall off. I rub my wrists and walk away.

I walk out of the building and towards Magnolia.

~

I walk into Magnolia. I walk with my head down. I tighten my scarf. I see a new guild Hall and my hands curl into fists. I walk to our old guild hall. My mark is still on the ground. I look at it and walk out of the hall. I tap a passing man's shoulder.

"Can you point me in the direction of the Fairy Tail guild?" He points towards out of town. "Thanks." I walk back into the hall. I use my magic to grab my mark. I make it float above my hand. I walk out and go in the direction the man pointed. I find myself on Fairy Tail's door step. I knock on the door, holding my mark up. The door swings open. Macao stands in front of me.

"Hi." I akwardly greet. Macao is silent. He moves out of the way. I see about five people in the room. "Where is everyone?"

"They left to check one last time for the Tenrou crew." Macao answers. The people in the room stare at me. I look around the room to see a boy. He looks quite similar to Romeo. I walk over to the sad boy.

"Hey Romeo." I greet. He turns around and looks at me. His eyes tear up and he jumps on me. Receiving a hug made me tense up, then I relax. I hug Romeo back, with one arm. He looks up at me.

"Lizzy, I missed you so much! Don't leave again, okay?" Romeo asks.

"I promise I won't leave again." I vow. I break the hug and walk over to Macao, holding up my guild mark. "Can I have this back?"

"I want to wait til the rest of the guild comes back first." I nod. I place the mark on the wall and smile. I sit next to Romeo. Then, the doors burst open. Five men walk in.

"Holy cow. This dump looks even more deserted than yesterday. This place looks less like a guild and more like... a kids clubhouse." A man says.

"Zeebo. I thought we agreed that we would pay you next month?" Macao asks.

"Well, I mentioned it to our master and he said no way in hell. He said that you better cough up the money or else." Zeebo explains. I grunt and prepare stand up but Romeo beats me to it.

"Screw your master." Romeo states.

"Romeo..." Macao warns.

"You're not getting any money from us today." Romeo continues. My vines start at my hand and climb up my arm as my rage gradually increases.

"You should drop the attitude, brat." Zeebo warns.

"You may be able to boss Dad and the others around cause they're scared of standing up to you, but if they won't, I will! I will not stand by and let you disgrace Fairy Tail's good name!" Romeo yells. I nod my head.

"Romeo! Stupid kid." Macao says. I hold Macao back with vines. I walk up beside Romeo.

"Sorry to tell ya, kid, but the name's already been disgraced." Zeebo states pulling out his bat.

"Leave my boy alone!" Macao yells, struggling to get free.

"You could train hard your whole life, but there is no way you could ever beat me." Zeebo yells, bringing down his weapon. I grab Romeo and hold him under me, prepared to take the hit. Then, I hear a crash and the sound of magic and clanking metal. Romeo looks up, wide eyed. I continue to look down.

"What the hell?" The men yell in unison.

I look down, afraid to look up. I let Romeo go so he can be with his father. I hear an all too familiar laugh. I hug my legs, knowing this is a dream.

"Guess who's back?!" I hear Natsu ask, yelling. I hear cheering. Maybe... This isn't a dream. I look up, my brother towering over my curled up figure.

"N-natsu, is i-it rea-lly you?" I ask, tears streaming from my eyes. Natsu nods and bends down next to me. He wraps his arms around me. I smile for the first time in a long time and cry into my brother arms. Master explains the whole story of what happened.

"Liz, why do you also looked like you haven't aged? And why do you look so... beaten?" Master asks. I look at myself, realizing how I look. I laugh nervously, everyone now looking at me.

"Well, I don't have the answer to your first question. But, I am fresh out of the cooler." I state. Master shakes his head.

"Why are you so beaten? Did they abuse you while you were weak?" Master asks, growling.

"I'm fine." I look down and take in all my details. I am super pale. My salmon pink hair reaches my knees and is tangled. My basic shirt and pants are tattered. My scarf, however, looks untattered. I look too skinny and weak. Thinking of being skinny makes me hungry. "Mira, I'm hungry."

"Me too." Natsu whines. Mira giggles while walking into the kitchen. She walks out five seconds later with two plates of food. "Food...."

"Thank you." I thank and grab a plate and eat it all in a minute. "More please?" Food is served to me as soon as I finish the previous meal. Once my brother and I are full, we party all night.

~

"Liz, we are going to go get makeovers tommorow, wanna come?" A drunk Erza asks.

"Of course, Erza." I answer. I smirk as she passes out.