Chapter Nine

"It's Day Two of the Grand Magic Games and the stands are exploding with excitement! Joining me again is Mr. Yagima and our new special guest Sorcerer Weekly's Jason! Let's get back to the action already in progress as our wizards take on the chariots!" The announcer announces. I tune him out and focus on Natsu.

Natsu is slowly making his way to the end of the chariots. Gajeel and Sting on his tail. "Come on Natsu, Gajeel beat that air headed jerk." I whisper, leaning on the edge of the railing.

Baccus wins. I don't care, come on, Natsu, Gajeel, I know you can beat him. Sting just gave up. What a sissy. I smile. Sting sits on the chariots and leans back, breathing heavily.

"Talk about uncool. Anyone can see you have no strength left. Your just making fools of yourselves." Sting states. I lean farther off the railing. Natsu starts making dying bird noises as he tries to go faster. "Fine, whatever. I didn't need this win, so I'll let you guys have it. Sabortooth is just going to keep racking up the points after this. In the end, one measly little point isn't gonna change the outcome."

I smirk. "One point is nothing to scoff at, kid, don't you forget that." Gajeel rasps.

"I don't get it, can you explain something to me?" Sting asks. I frown. "Why do you even bother entering the tournament? Seriously. I mean your nothing like the Fairy Tail I knew growing up. Your obsessed with how tough you are and what the world thinks of you, what happened to the Fairy Tail of my childhood? The guild that did whatever the hell it wanted, when it wanted. They never cared what anyone else said or thought of them!"

"We're doing this for... our friends! The ones... who waited for us... for all the years we were gone. Who fought through the pain... and the heartache. They were humiliated, but even so... they stayed strong. And they kept our guild together." Natsu states. Tears start falling from my eyes. "We're doing this, for all of them! And we're gonna make sure that everyone here knows... the Fairy Tail guild never gave up, not for an instant! So, there is no way I'm gonna give up now!" I focus on Natsu's face. I lean even farther forward as Natsu crosses the finish line, with Gajeel on his tail. I lean farther forward and fall off the railing.

"Shit." I whisper. I wrap a vine around the railing but it snaps. I look at the ground. Guess now would be a good time to show it. I smirk. "Nature Fire Dragon: Drill!" My body is engulfed in green flames and I plummet towards the ground at a rapid speed. My body drills into the ground and comes back up. I land with my outstretched at my sides with my head thrown back. I laugh.

"What the hell was that?!" Natsu yells.

"Natsu... That what three months of training can do for you!" I yell, smirking. Natsu's face pales. I jump, boosting myself with fire, and land on the balcony beside my teammates. "I've kinda gotten the hang of it because of yesterday's excess training! Heck! I might even be able to beat you in a battle!"

"I've improved to ya know. You should quit stealing my thunder!" Natsu yells. I smirk.

"Technically, I stole your fire." I argue. I blow off my fingers like a smoking gun, grinning like an idiot. Natsu groans. "Let's get back to the games!"

The games continue with the battle round. Gajeel comes back to the balcony and Erza drags Natsu to the infirmary. I lean back and listen to the fight from the floor. I'll try not to use as much magic next time. I still need to learn how create plants from just walking.

~

"Liz. Liz! Wake up! You have to see this!" Someone yells in my ear. I jump forward and headbutt the person. It's Cana.

"What Cana? What do you want?" I ask. Cana points to the arena. I look over the railings and see a ton of women in the arena, in the middle of them is Mira and Jenny. Seems they're battling, in their own way. I smirk. "Might as well show them how it's done."

"How about a blushing bride challenge?" The announcer asks. I smirk and grab the nearest person's hand. I pull them into a dip. I open my eyes to see Natsu. My cloak drapes over my shoulders, encasing us.

"Looking good, sis." Natsu complements. I look at myself then at him.

"You too, bro." I remark. I pull my brother around the arena in a graceful fashion, smirking the whole time.

~

After a few events, Mira won. I was tired and uninterested in the next fight, so I told Mira to wake me up when something interesting happens.

~

I drag myself back to the hotel, tired out of my mind. I grab my music box and look at it smiling, my hood slides off my silky long hair.

(A/N: Play Song At Top)

I play it's sweet melody, humming along. I close my eyes, pulling up my cloak hood, smiling sadly. I miss you, mommy... A tear slides down my rosy cheeks. I hear a throat clear. I snap my music box shut and slide it into my pocket. I wipe my face. I look up and turn around. I see Sting. A low growl escapes my mouth.

"What do you want, cocky bastard?" I ask, angrily. Sting looks at me with remorse. He shoves his hands in his pockets and kicks the ground.

"It's your dragon, huh?" Sting asks. I clear my throat.

"Why do you care? You killed your dragon, you obviously didn't love him." I shout, angrily.

"How did you know it was a him?" Sting asks. I look at the ground.

"All the male dragons had male children, all the female dragons had female children." I mumble. "My mother wasn't a dragon. My dad was the dragon. He raised Natsu because of dragonian tradition, if I was a boy, he would have raised me too. My mother, the human, took me and taught me dragonslayer magic the best she could. She was forced to abandon me..." I stop dead in my tracks and continue walking.

"Long story short, I thought I was loved, but turns out I was wrong!" I shout. Tears stream down my face as I trudge away from Sting. Why did I tell him that? You are an unloved idiot. No one could love you. Everyone told you themselves. Tears stream from my eyes as I walk to the back of the hotel. I open my music box as the melody puts me to sleep.