Chapter fourteen

Callie's POV

***********************

I ran down the stairs and out of the house, making my way down to the bonfire where I saw Noah sitting near Sasha and Dom.

"Hey baby where have you been?" Noah asked, standing to come over to me. His face morphing in concern when he saw the tears.

"I just came to let you know I'm going home so you wouldn't worry. I'll call an uber, have fun at the rest of the party." I choked out, going to turn around before he grabbed my arm.

"Baby what happened." He pleaded, looking into my eyes with sincerity and more tears started to fall. "Okay no, lets go, lets get you home." He decided, waving goodbye and leading me towards his car.

"Noah it's fine, I'm okay. I can fill you in tomorrow. I don't wanna ruin your time." I begged, not wanting to ruin his night.

"Baby." He stopped me. Holding both my shoulders and looking into my eyes. "I can't have fun knowing your not okay. I want to take you home, I've had a good night. Let me take you home." I nodded silently and he got me into the car, starting to drive me home.

As we drove back to my house the car was almost completely silent, him just rubbing my hand with his thumb and calm music playing.

I had stopped crying and with each passing minute I was trying to decide if my hurt was based in sadness or anger.

I kept asking myself how he could let people talk about me like that.

If I had done something to anger him.

Trying to come up with a good reason for my overprotective best friend to become a complete dick who laughs when his new friends call me a self centered barbie or a whore.

"Baby what happened?" Noah's soft and kind voice asked, drawing my eyes to his beautiful face glancing back and forth from me to the road.

"Apparently people think I'm a self centered barbie and a whore who has a perfect life and only cares about her reputation." I choked out with a cold humorless laugh and a stream of silent tears.

"Wait what!" He exclaimed, seeming angry as he pulled off to the side of the road and turned to face me. "Who the hell said that about you?" He questioned in a protective tone.

"Logan had texted me, well Logan's phone. To meet me on Jess' deck because we usually watch the sunrise every year, so I headed up there and heard all of Logan's new friends talking shit about me, and apparently stuck around long enough to hear Logan join in." I finished the sentence with a sob, hating the idea that my best friend would do that.

Noah looked angry. I hadn't seen him look this angry before. He was practically seething.

"I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill a bunch of people. But personally I've never been a fan of Logan. The one thing he had going was that he always protects you. How coul-" I cut off his ranting with a soft kiss.

"I just wanna go home." I whispered and he nodded, his hands on each side of my head, he kissed me one more time before driving me all the way home.

"Call me tomorrow?" I offered quietly as we pulled up in front of my house and he nodded, kissing me one last time before I went inside.

***
When I got home Jeremy was passed out on the couch so I covered him with a blanket and headed up to my room.

I plugged in my phone and saw a new message from Logan.

'Cals? '
-Logan

(Screenshot)