Chapter three

Callie's POV

*********************************

Today is the weirdest day of my life.

After waking up and clearing all the people, trash, and anything else that doesn't belong here out of my house; I had to go up stairs and actually wake up Logan.

He told me he loved me, was in love with me?

How am I supposed to respond to that?

Hell I am nearly a hundred percent certain that he won't even remember it.

He told me like it had been a secret he was holding onto for so long and that scares me.

The fact that he could've been in love with me for so long and still be such a player? I wasn't any better believe me, but I also wasn't hiding my love for him.

But is that love, that I feel, really the kind of love he wants? I don't even know if I can feel what he wants me to! I mean that- those kisses yesterday were so strange and just filled with passion but does that prove anything at all?

"Callie?" Logans raspy voice questioned from behind me as I sat on the porch making me freeze in my place.

"Hey Logan" I said as cheerily as possible as he came to sit beside me with a raised eyebrow and a tight smile.

"You alright?" He asked wearily.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I asked with my breath caught in my throat.

"Well when you're upset you kinda do this thing where you sit on your porch and just stare into space and well..." He rambled out before gesturing to my current position.

"Oh" I laughed, a smile covering my face as I stood up and brushed the imaginary dirt off my jeans before finally meeting his eye. "So what do you wanna do today?" I changed the subject quickly. He looked at me with the most skeptical look before finally sighing and letting his happy grin alight his face.

"Well my favorite new adult, I thought today maybe we could go to the carnival." He answered happily and a real grin finally covered my face.

"Alright let me change" I said happily before walking towards the door, my wrist being caught as I was walking away.

"What's wrong with what you're wearing?" Logan asked confusedly and I laughed as I glanced down at my old jeans and sports bra.

"I at least need a shirt Logan." I stated and he laughed glancing down.

"Oh yeah okay I'll wait here." He said sitting back down and I laughed to myself.

*****

About twenty minutes later after I had changed into some black leggings and a plain white vneck and a pair of basic high top skate vans, Logan had finally convinced me that I would need a jacket so I grabbed my green military jacket and tied it around my waist and then I was done.

"So what do you wanna do first?" Logan asked as he stopped in front of the carnival and walked around to my side of the car as I got out.

"I don't know, surprise me." I replied cheekily and he grinned, his adorable dimple showing on the left side of his face. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the gates at a steady pace. His hand felt warm and comfortable in min- wait what am I talking about? Is this too relationshipy? I don't want to hurt him if I can't return his feelings . . .

I mean he is gorgeous and funny and amazing, but he's my best friend? I'd never want to ruin us . . . I can't say that I've never wondered if we'd be more, but wondering isn't reality.