Chapter eight

Callie's POV

*********************************

"Hey babes, party at my house tonight." Haylee's cheery voice told me as I stood up to the end of class bell.

"Can't make it tonight H, Noah is taking me to the movies." I explained, which was followed by pouting from her and Jess quickly 'awe'- ing my sentence.

"Ooh cute" Hayley spoke with a grin. Stuffing her phone into her bag and walking towards the door.

"Wait but aren't Fridays like always Logan night's?" Jess questioned, twirling her hair in her fingers and examining her ends as I held a tight smile.

"Oh its fine, he said it was cool." I lied with a tight smile, still debating how I would tell Logan I was ducking out as we walked towards my locker.

I would usually never overbook our nights but Noah was being super insecure and I didn't have the heart to tell him no, for some reason he's been very jealous lately.

"Of course he did, Logan's always amazing. It still amazes me that you two aren't together." Hayley said with a shake of her head. "I'm still convinced you're supposed to be with him." She informed me, sighing as though my life was a romance novel.

I opened my mouth to argue before the subject walked right up and stood behind me.

"Who is Cal supposed to be with?" Logan's voice asked from behind me as I opened my locker.

"We were just talking about how you guys had never tried dating." Jess exclaimed, getting a subtle smack from Haylee.

I turned around just to see his heart melting grin falter and my guilt swell.

"Well we will see you guys later, me and Logan are gonna take the rest of the day off." I cheerily spoke, shutting my locker and grabbing my best friends hand.

"Wait wha- okay then. Later" Logan shouted back with confusion as I pulled him away. "So, got a secret crush on me Cals? Talkin about me with your girls?" Logan jokingly teased as we exited the school, my heart swelling just a little.

"Oh yeah right" I said with a forced laugh and glanced back to see him push a smile.

All these tiny reactions I'd never seen before, making my heart break little by little. Knowing that I was hurting the best person on this earth.

His anger issues, irresponsibility, and aggressive tendencies when he got mad were all tiny things that reminded me how perfectly imperfect he was.

Because despite those things, he was the most caring, emotional, trustworthy person I had been lucky enough to meet.

To be loved by.

Because to be loved by a boy like him meant I really had some sort of luck on my side.

"Oh as if you'd never thought of it." He joked and teased a little more, stopping right beside my car.

"You know I've always preferred the short and scrawny ones." I joked with a grin as he turned me around.

"Oh I could tell by your tiny little lap dog." He sarcastically quipped, referring to Noah and stepping dangerously close.

"Hey. Be nice." I demanded with a pout and he rolled his eyes, stepping back and opening my door.

I sighed deeply as he shut my door and got into the drivers side.

"When are you gonna start being nice to him?" I asked seriously and he groaned and leaned back, turning his head to me.

"Cal c'mon. It doesn't matter that I don't like the guy." He groaned, running his hands through his hair as I turned to face him.

"Logan it matters to me." I spoke with furrowed brows as I grabbed onto his hand, making him turn to face me a little.

"Babe he isn't good enough for you." He told me with emotion filled eyes, caressing my hand with his thumb.

"Then who is!" I grumpily huffed. Regretting the words and he tilted his head and stared at me, leaned in closer than before.

"No one. No one is good enough for you Cal." He whispered, kissing my head and turning back to start the car. "So my place or yours?" He asked, pulling onto the street all while I sat mute. No reaction to what he just said.

"Callie" He pulled me out of my thoughts, glancing over as he drove.

"Yours." I muttered and he nodded, taking a right up the street towards his apartment.

****

"So you want chinese or pizza?" Logan called from his kitchen.

"Chinese!" I shouted, sitting on the leather couch in the living room area. "Hey babe I gotta tell you something hurry up, okay?"

"Yup, just a sec princess."

I tilted my head back on the couch and closed my eyes. Startled to open them to Logan a few inches above my face.

"You wanted to talk?" He questioned with a grin, hopping over the couch and putting his arm over my shoulders as I turned to him.

"Yeah. . . so Noah has been really insecure lately-" I started but was cut off by a sarcastic groan and followed by a light smack making him sigh and shut up after a laugh. "He feels like I don't wanna hang out with him. So when I denied it, he asked me to a movie. And I said yes. . ." I trailed off making him raise his eyebrows at me.

"A movie? With your boyfriend? How dare you!" He jokingly let out with a gasp, making me giggle and lightly smile.

"Yeah, um. This friday. . ." I let out and the humor quickly left his face, leading to him removing his arm from my shoulder and leaning forward to grab the remote. "Log-"

"It's cool Cal. I should make sure the foods on it's way." He distantly said, getting up with his phone and heading towards the kitchen.

****

"Hey what's got you so down baby?" Noah asked as we walked out of the movie.

"Huh? Nothing." I murmured and he rolled his eyes, pulling me to a stop.

"No come on Callie what's up, you've barely said a word in the past two hours." He questioned worriedly.

"I'm alright, Logans just upset with me." I sadly muttered with a shrug, continuing to walk to the car.

"Oh you guys will be fine." He said with a hint of snark making me grumpy.

"Yeah I just hate making him upset." I explained, shutting my door as he got in.

"Whatever happened I'm sure he'll get over it." He answered with a bored sigh, making me roll my eyes.

We were practically silent for the rest of the ride home, the only sound filling the air being Noah's strange electronic music over the stereo.

When we finally pulled up in front of my house I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek and got out.

"Oh wait Callie!" He rushed before I shut the door. "My parents invited you to dinner Sunday, is that alright?"

"Yeah, of course." I answer with a small smile.

"Awesome I'll pick you up at six." And with a smile and a quick wave he was off.

I don't think I'd ever stop comparing the little differences between Logan and Noah.

How Logan would open my door, walk me to my porch if he couldn't stay, even just holding my hand as we walked. Just tiny little details I'd always notice.