Chapter seventeen

Logan's POV

***********************************

Today was the best day in a long time.

My beautiful best friends hand was held in mine and a perfect smiled graced her face.

I had no clue why this girl chose to forgive me, she deserved the entire world.

Suddenly Jess came up and spouted off some shit excitedly but I couldn't take my eyes off of Callies smile.

"Oh my god please tell me you guys are back!" She knew me and Cals were meant to be. Everyone did. Except for Callie.

"Yeah blondie we're good." I answered with a laugh, pulling Callie even closer to me before Jess jumped on us in an aggressive hug.

"Thank god. That was awful. Oh and Logan, hurt her again? You're dead." The threat left her mouth and I laughed with a nod of agreement.

"Jess you came over to say something?"  Callie questioned as she rolled her emerald eyes.

She gripped my hand without paying attention, running her finger tips over the muscles and veins and I couldn't stop the smile the came onto my face.

Before I knew it we were walking down the hallways, Callie clinging to my side comfortably.

"Hey. . ." I looked up to see puppy dog and I had to hide my amusement. I told him I'd be the one to stick around.

I pulled Callie closer as Noah stared at my arm wrapped around her, and to my surprise he let out a breath and motioned towards the courtyard.

"Come with me?" He asked Callie and I quickly looked down at her to see her response.

She looked up at me and gave me a soft smile and a tight comforting hug before heading outside with him, not looking back at me once.

I started to head towards our first hour, my smile gone when I was stopped by none other than my girlfriend.

"You came in with Callie this morning. . ." She mumbled looking kind of sad. I actually felt bad, she seemed nervous. "I'm really sorry for what my friends and I said about her Logan. I know you care about her I just wanted you to care about me too." I looked her over and I had to admit that she looked beautiful. Her straight chocolate colored hair was pushed behind her ears and her bangs slightly hid her dark blue eyes.

"It's alright, believe me I can understand jealousy." I responded with a laugh and so did she. Her laugh was soft and pretty and I wondered why I hadn't noticed that before. She seemed hard and mean but looking at her right now it was different.

She pulled her white long sleeve over her hands and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Do you wanna get some icecream later?" Not only did the invitation surprise her but it surprised me as the words left my mouth.

Her face lit up with a smile and she nodded before we began to talk.

She told me about her little brother and her dog named Rosco and for some reason I couldn't stop smiling.

*******

"So my brother Mikey is running to try and catch this ball and he ends up slamming into the wall- we couldn't stop laughing!" She happily tells me a story, both of us laughing as we leaned against a wall.

"Uh Logan?" Callies voice called my name and my head snapped towards her, I looked to Mandy and she looked nervous again, the carefree girl I had just met gone. "What's going on?"

Her eyes ran over Mandy's hand in mine and I stood up straighter trying to find a response because I still wasn't quite sure.

"Um-" Thankfully Mandy interjected and began to explain, I looked down at her as she began apologizing to Callie and I smiled. She really wanted to try.

"Callie I wanted to apologize. I was jealous and scared but my friends and I really regret what we said, every one thought you and Logan would end up together but after me and Logan talked I really get that you guys are just best friends." As she spoke I didn't even realize I was staring, she was so confident at the same time she was shy and nervous and I had no clue how.

Callie was silent for a few seconds. She kept looking between us and I suddenly felt guilty, she probably wouldn't forgive her. She is the most forgiving person I know but she was really hurt. How could I do this?

Suddenly she smiled and I couldn't help the surprise on my face.

"It's okay, My boyfriend clearly felt the same way. We just tend to confuse people, but yes, all we are or will ever be is friends." As she said those words it finally felt real. We would never get our chance.

She didn't feel the same way.

A second later the bell rang and she walked away, once again, not looking back.

********

After school ended Mandy and I went out for ice cream.

I was going to give Callie a ride home but she declined saying she had a ride already.

I swear Mandy and I had talked for hours, I laughed when she got ice cream on her nose and she laughed when she proceeded to swipe some onto mine.

I didn't know what I was feeling for her, but I knew I wanted to know her more.

Later that night I had dropped her off at her house and when I kissed her lips it felt like it was the first time again, because today I had met a new girl. She opened up and let me know her and I didn't want to stop.

I wanted to know her.