Chapter twenty-four

Callies POV

********************

My face was emotionless as I pulled on my black silk dress, Logan was dressed in a simple black suit as he sat at the end of my bed, watching me slip into my black stilettos.

Jeremy had gotten home and was now getting ready, his previously happy mood now much angrier.

Their arrival hadn't made us smile in a long time.

"Babe are you alright?" Logan asked once more, drawing my attention back to his worried amber eyes as I pushed the diamond studs into my ears.

"Just thinking about what bomb they're gonna drop and why they need to drag Jer into it." I muttered as I walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, running his calloused palms over my hips under my dress.

He sighs as his eyes roam my body before the familiar golden irises meet mine. "I'm sorry princess." Is all he whispers before he pulls me into his lap and buries his face in my neck, peppering small kisses down my throat.

I smile and giggle as he nips and kisses my neck, the feeling being a little ticklish.

When I pull away slightly he has a large grin on his face for making me smile and I laugh, placing a kiss on his lips before standing up.

Jeremy's soft knock on the door had me going to open it as Logan laid back on the bed.

"You ready?" He asked with an empty look in his eyes and my heart broke.

Most parents fill their child's heart with love and happiness. The mere thought of ours voided each of those emotions in an instant.

"Yeah let's go."

***

The car ride their was silent, each of us anticipating an awful night ahead.

As Logan pulled in I spotted the familiar  BMW being parked by a valet, and I had Logan pull over there to do the same.

I take a deep breath, grabbing ahold of Logans hand as Jeremy stands directly on the other side of me, glancing back to see the blonde haired boy drive off to park my car before looking ahead to the giant wooden doors that separated me from them.

I quickly glanced to the boys on each of my sides, taking in the comforting glances with my whole heart.

This was my family, we were okay.

So we walked in, heads held high, emotion void.

"Party of five, Peterson. I believe two people are already here." I spoke as kindly as I could, she nodded and led us to the table.

I met the two pairs of eyes with an icy glare that meant I wasn't pleased. Saying nothing as we made our way to the table, my mother forced a smile, subtly elbowing my father to gain his attention.

"Jeremy, darling, it's so good to see you." My mother greets as my father gives him a nod.

"Yeah thanks." He mutters. Sitting in the seat to my right as Logan runs his fingers over my knee from the seat to my left.

"What are we here for?" I question quickly, trying to get out of here as fast as possible, I eye the bar and wonder if I could pass for twenty-one. Itching for the  numbing feeling of any alcoholic substance.

I feel Logan intwine his fingers with mine and relinquish those thoughts quickly, knowing it wouldn't go over well.

"Well as we said, there are some important matters we must discuss." My father began, not getting straight to the point.